Next Generation Pastor
Last Reviewed: December 2015
The Next Generation Pastor will provide overall leadership and direction to the children’s and youth ministry. He is responsible for overseeing all ministries from birth through High School and for championing the church/home partnership.
He is directly responsible for High School ministry.
The role is designed to develop and maintain a vision for the spiritual formation of our preschoolers, children, students and their families that is biblical, comprehensive, and consistent and is in agreement with our doctrinal statement. The role is also
designed to develop and maintain a vision for encouraging and equipping all families to make the home the center of godly influence.
- Provide oversight to entire children’s and youth ministry - implementing a coordinated Bible-based program that will be designed to mature them in their faith.
- Direct and serve in the lead role for the High School Ministry (Grades 9-12).
- Implement the High Impact Volunteer model (Recruit, Select, Equip, Lead, Develop Leaders)
- Long range ministry planning
- Budget Preparation and Management in coordination with ministry team
- Develop Mission Trip Partnerships & “Gap Year” Opportunities
- Counseling Students & Parents
- Ministry to parents and volunteers
- Youth Ministry Alumni Follow-up
- Work with other staff for church projects and ministry
- Serve on the Preaching Team
- Other duties as assigned
- Identify, equip and lead the staff that serves in our age-graded ministries of Preschool Ministry (birth through pre-k), Children Ministry (kindergarten through grade 5) and Student Ministry (grade 6 through grade 12).
Position Type: Full-time Exempt
- The Next Generation Pastor will necessarily have to work some evenings and other irregular hours in order to fulfill his responsibilities. He will attempt to schedule as much time as possible to be at the church during normal business hours, so as to
be available to the body in general.
- He will be on call as necessary for pastoral emergencies.
- A Committed Christian with a Vital and Growing Walk – A man who himself is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of study and worship.
- Education – Degree in Theology/Bible.
- Ministry Experience – Preference will be given to those who have a minimum of five years ministry experience in a multi-staff church.
- A Shepherd’s Heart – A man who recognizes the importance of shepherding those under his care, training and equipping them for more effective service.
- In agreement with The Christian and Missionary Alliance Doctrinal Statement, the Expanded ABF Doctrinal Statement, and a willingness to be licensed and ordained by The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- Meets the qualifications of an Elder (I Timothy 3, Titus 1).
Children’s Ministry Director
Middle School Director