Part-Time (35 Hours weekly)
The Health Center Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating the volunteer staff and resources of the Health Center for the efficient, well-prepared, and profitable service of food, supplements, and beverages. This individual
works actively to ensure the Health Center meets financial and operating goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for successful operation, profitability, and physical/aesthetic/sanitary maintenance of the Health Center and Coffee Cart.
- Supervises portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Perform frequent checks of food & beverage items to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
- Conduct and facilitate frequent training for volunteers which covers general maintenance, customer service, key functions of cash register, and product knowledge.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food/ beverage/supplement quality and service.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Comply with all state and local health and safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, city, and state taxes.
- Purchase food/beverages/supplements within established guidelines of Organic, Non-GMO, and Gluten free
- Oversee correct receipt, storage, and handling of food products to ensure quality and freshness at all times.
- Responsible for marketing and advertising new and existing products, supplements, services, etc. to the congregation of ALFC.
- Responsible for growth of the Health Initiative Ministry for continued education in Non GMO, Gluten Free, and Organic living and food preparation.
- Responsible for creating a variety of menu items that are fresh, innovative, and effective.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards at all times.
- Participate in attracting volunteers who value guest service and are committed to high standards of performance. Maintain a team-oriented environment.
- Open, close, and secure the Health Center.
- Adhere to the ministry’s standards of confidentiality.
- Engage in inventory, stocking, and proper labeling of all food & beverage in excellence.
- Responsible for profitability of Health Center in excess of salary, COGS, and expenses.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver’s license
- Personal Vehicle
- 3 years prior experience in restaurant/retail management
- English language proficiency—oral and written form
COMPETENCIES—KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of labor laws, health codes, safe food handling and sanitation, safety and security systems and procedures, computer operation.
- Knowledge of regulations regarding Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten free standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as good people management, communication, and listening skills. Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and detail oriented.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- This type of work involves walking or standing most of the time but also involves sitting for extended periods.
- Person performing service in this position will exert 10 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Abundant Living Family Church provides all licensing and training required to ensure employee safety.
- This type of work involves working with certain sanitary chemicals to ensure the state health and safety codes.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
The duties listed herein are subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee.
Interested applicants must submit an application, resume, and two letters of recommendations to Loretta Hansell by no later than
Friday, April 15, 2016, in the Administration Office of Abundant Living Family Church.