MINISTRY POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Heritage Church is a healthy, growing community of unbelievers, new believers, growing belivers and mature belivers of all ages pursuing God's highest and best for their lives. Our leadrship team--including the Children's Pastor--is a vital part of setting
the culture of health and balance for our church.
We believe that the Director of Children's Ministry has an incredibly important role in the lives of children and their families. So, we are looking for a highly creative, self-motivated, high-energy team leader with strong organizational, relational, motivational
and communication skills to lead our children’s ministries into the next exciting season of excellence, growth and effectiveness.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Children's Ministries will develop an inviting, active, exciting, energy-filled environment for children, ages birth to 5th grade, to interactively learn the practical, relevant application of God’s life-changing Word.
The Director of Children's Ministries will also provide regular training, encouragement, motivation, support and supervision to recruited ministry volunteers.
The Director of Children's Ministries will actively support the goals, vision and direction of Heritage Church through participation in services, tasks, activities, events and projects
outside of the function and responsibilities of the Children’s Ministries.
• Create a welcoming and engaging environment for children to experience the adventure of discovering and following Christ.
• Attendance, coordination and supervision of all weekend children’s services/classes.
• Provide children’s ministry support for various other Heritage weekday ministries, special services, activities and events
• Teach, as needed, in weekend children’s ministry classes.
• Recruit, train, supervise and schedule children’s ministry volunteers.
• Assimilate age-appropriate curriculum and relevant resources into the ministry culture, philosophy and style of Heritage Church.
• Oversee the development and implementation of policies, procedures, “background checks” and all trainings for Children’s Ministries
• Oversight of the calendar, budget and purchases of Children’s Ministries
• Maintain specified weekly office hours
• Execute all other duties assigned by Lead Pastor
• A thriving relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated through regular prayer, Bible study, worship attendance and tithing
• An authentic and evident desire to work with children
• Bachelor’s degree (Extensive experience in children's ministry may be considered as an alternative to formal education)
• 3+ years on-staff experience in Children's Ministries of church(s) over 400 in attendance
• Experience in supervising and managing leaders
• Experience in education and curriculum development
• Experience working with children, and the ability to easily and positively interact with pastoral staff, children, parents, and volunteer ministry team
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Proficient computer skills in Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and the Internet
• Ability to work well with pastoral team to integrate ministry to children with other church ministries
• Ability to recruit, motivate and support individuals in their ministry “fit”
• Confident, self-motivated and highly energetic
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A firm commitment to the values, goals and culture of Heritage Church
• Agreement with the Biblical doctrine position of Heritage Church
• Able to easily meet the rigorous physical demands of working with children ages 0 - fifth grade
If you feel that you might be a great fit for Heritage Church, please submit your resume, along with any other relevant resources, to Lisa Jung, Interim Children's Director, at Lisa@HeritageChurch.com.