First Assembly Community Ministries is currently seeking applicants for an Associate Student Ministries Pastor. With an 80 year history, First Assembly is a church of over 1,000 attendees with 40 different nationalities and more than 60 paid staff. We
are located in Lafayette, IN a city of over 60,000 people and the home of Purdue University.
Under the supervision of the Student Ministries Pastor, the Associate Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for ensuring all aspects of spiritual growth, development, and leadership to middle school (6th – 8th grade) and late elementary
(4th and 5th grade) students. This includes leadership of weekly programs as well as periodic special events. They are also responsible for implementing and carrying out a vision to lead middle school and late elementary students in
a program of evangelism, discipleship, and ministry in keeping with the overall Student Ministries vision and mission.
Essential Job Functions
1. Oversee all programming and ministry for students in 4th through 8th grade, including weekly services, life groups, summer programming, special events, etc.
2. Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each grade level.
3. Create environments, activities and programming that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
4. Recruit, retain, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
5. Develop, motivate, equip, and empower volunteer leaders to minister to students and families.
6. Provide care for students and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
7. Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new students and families.
8. Support and participate in special events such as Eggstravaganza, Independence Day Celebration, Jingle Jam and other church events.
9. Ensure the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds.
10. Assist in the development of an annual budget for student ministries and manage spending to budget.
11. Function as a member of the church’s Pastoral Staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Skills, Abilities, and Requirements:
- Must have or begin seeking credentials with the Assemblies of God.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- This position requires a minimum of 1 to 3 years experience as a staff member in a student or children’s ministry leadership capacity.
- BA or BS degree in Student/Family ministries or related field.
- A passion for student ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Musical abilities is a plus.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing student ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, CCB, and others).