The River Church is a thriving church in the community of Decatur, Texas located northwest of the Dallas – Fort Worth metroplex. Our mission is “To see God’s kingdom established in Hearts, Homes, and Beyond.”
We are looking for a full-time Children’s Pastor who will come along side us and help us accomplish this mission; someone who is passionate about reaching, teaching, and training kids; someone who understands the importance of LOVE in ministry and demonstrates
this through building relationships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing oversight of all Children’s Ministries, birth – 5th grade
- Personally teaching and directing Children’s Service during scheduled service times
- Plan and facilitate all special events such as Camps, VBS, Holidays, and Community Outreach
- Recruit, lead, and train volunteers for department
- Coordinate with other pastoral staff to provide childcare for River Church events as needed
- Develop strategies and methods to grow the Children’s Ministry, including participating in community events and with local schools
- Maintain consistent communication with parents of children with all aspects of Children’s Ministry
- Provide leadership in the development and management of the Children’s Ministry departmental budgets
Competency for Position:
- Self-starter, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Competent with technology, website and social media platforms
- Ability to direct and delegate to others
- Organization and time management proficiency
- Understand confidentiality and exercise discernment and wise judgement
- Exhibit professionalism
- Nurture one’s own spiritual formation and professional development through personal time for study, preparation, planning, and prayer
- Will be under the overall guidance of the Lead Pastor and Elders of the church
- Responsible to the Associate Pastor
Typical weekday work schedule is Monday – Thursday, 9am-4pm with the understanding of a required presence during scheduled service times and the flexibility to participate in events outside of the normal schedule.
Salary will commensurate with education and/or experience.