Thornapple Valley Church is church for un-churched people. We have a passion to serve people far from God and all are welcome. TVC was founded 36 years ago with current attendance at 1300 and several thousand people calling it home. The broadcast campus
is located in rural Hastings, MI. with a second campus in Middleville. We will be launching a third campus in September of 2016 with our eye on a fourth in the coming years. Hastings is located just 30 minutes southeast of Grand Rapids and less than an hour
from Lake Michigan.
We are looking for a qualified, teachable candidate that would be willing to serve as a Technical & IT Director for our Church. This is a full time position with starting salary based on experience. If you would like to
be a part of a fun staff that loves to work hard, please send us a resume. We are looking for LEADERS who can recruit, train and develop other leaders to grow the church.
Below you will find a basic job description of the role and what it entails.
Thornapple Valley Church – Creative Arts Department
Technical Arts Director & IT
Serving Status: Paid position – Full time
Department Supervisor: Creative Arts Director
Partners with: Programming, Music, Visual & Graphic Arts
Sound, Lighting, Stage, Video & Camera, Interns, Volunteers,
and Outside Contractors
Connecting People To God
Principal Function of Director of Technical Arts & IT
To support the vision, through the vehicle of a creative, contemporary and impactful media ministry.
- Recruiter. Actively recruit and provide areas of ministry for qualified or high potential individuals in our community and church family.
- Team Builder. Replace yourself seamlessly by recognizing leadership gifts, training, equipping & empowering staff & volunteers to rise up in authority & responsibility… all under the banner of excellence & integrity.
- Encourager. Create/maintain a culture where people are inspired to serve, and find deep fulfillment and affirmation.
- Provider. Supervise and work with staff & volunteers to accommodate the sound, lighting, and video needs of the TVC facility throughout the entire week, including weekend services and special events, etc.
- Video. Supervise Video Arts, which is responsible for production shoots, editing of content, and final product, plus all things video & camera…Including volunteers, and IMAG in weekend services, special events, etc.
- Sound & Lighting. Directly supervise these ministries – including leaders, volunteers, equipment, scheduling… all things sound & lighting.
- Network Support. Manage the network at TVC. Giving support to existing network systems and implementing upgrades as needed. Oversee all staff computer needs,
- Visionary. To best utilize the equipment we have, yet through knowledge, strategic planning, and action – continually propel Tech Arts to stay current and prepare for the next level. Be the lead pursuer and champion of technical advances
and trends to facilitate appropriate planning for the future needs of the church.
- Student. Appropriately pursue education and training to better knowledge of Leadership and Media related issues.
- Innovator. Develop new and innovative structures/vehicles for better ministry
(i.e. Podcasts, streaming video, ministry promos, systems, procedures, etc.)
- Steward. Responsibility, management and development of Technical Arts ministry budget. Submit invoices for payment; collect, track and deposit all Tech Arts revenue; copy and submit expense reimbursements. Make best use of resources
by making wise, strategic new purchase decisions and the selling of old equipment for revenue – or donation to other ministries, plus effectively using facility space allocated.
- Equipment. Supervise all maintenance issues related to media equipment, providing direct service whenever possible to minimize equipment downtime and expense.
- Team Player. Be a contributing, valued member of both the Worship Arts Ministry and the TVC staff by attending all meetings and pursuing the betterment of the team over personal desires.
- Confesses to be a born again Christian and seeks the will of God for his/her life.
- Maintain a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study, prayer and stewardship of the resources given to them by God.
- An understanding of the important role that Technical Arts play in the spiritual environment here at TVC.
- Demonstrated artistic and creative skills in media formats.
- Actively worshipping with his/her family at TVC.
- Must fill out a TVC Kids volunteer app
- Demonstrates a servant’s heart as a member of the TVC team.
- Demonstrated ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
- Demonstrated ability to keep confidentiality and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to keep balance, multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and non-verbal formats, with people of varied ages and temperaments – including volunteers, staff and outside vendors.
- Receptive and respectful of those in authority and their decisions.
- Self starting, needing minimal supervision.
- Submits willingly and understands the importance of an accountability relationship.
- Models the TVC Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Maintains proper priorities and balance in his/her life.
- Committed to personal evangelism opportunities within and outside of the Church.
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of proven leadership building and managing teams.
- Up-to-date knowledge and significant experience with leading edge technology in the fields of Sound, Lighting,
- Be computer literate, familiar with professional video editing & presentation programs (Final Cut Pro, Pro Presenter, Pro Video Player, etc.) and recording software (Pro Tools, etc.) and also Network solutions.
If interested in applying for the job please submit a resume. Also fill out the "application form" which can be found here http://tvcweb.com/employment-opportunities/