Cityview is looking to hire a full-time (55 hours/week) spiritual formation pastor with godly character, excellent relational skills, strong communication gifts, a firm grasp of the Bible and Christian theology, and clear vision for how to help turn visitors into growing disciples of Jesus Christ. The Spiritual Formation Pastor will be responsible for strengthening our culture of discipleship by helping new visitors and regular attenders connect to Christ and to our church family. The SF Pastor will give oversight to our Connections Ministry (visitor follow-up and retention), our Small Group Ministry (regular small groups and specialized discipleship groups), our Men’s and Women’s Ministry (ongoing studies, outreaches, and events), and our Benevolence Ministry (assisting people in need in our church and our community). The SF pastor must be a leader of leaders, able to build healthy ministry teams and provide motivation and vision for multiple groups of volunteers. He will also be responsible for teaching and preaching in various settings.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ marked by the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5
- Compatibility with requirements for elders in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Commitment to personal evangelism and loving your neighbor.
- Genuine love for people and a calling to minister to them.
- Walks in humility, and models the character of Christ in his servant leadership.
- Experience in recruiting & equipping ministry leaders (leader of leaders).
- Ability to lead others through casting a compelling vision (visionary leader).
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement and principles and practices of Cityview.
- Alignment with the Cityview purpose and vision statements.
- Willingness to submit to the leadership of the elders of Cityview.
- Articulate a call into vocational ministry.
Position Expectations (Approximate Percentages):
Connections Ministry Leadership (25%)
- Develop a holistic strategy to move visitors to growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Implement a strategy to recruit, equip, and motivate Connections Team volunteers:
- Greeters, Ushers, Hospitality, Host Team
- Oversee the Welcome Center and First Connect environment.
- Oversee visitor follow-up and retention.
- Develop a strategy to assimilate visitors into meaningful relationships at Cityview.
- Increase visitor retention and connection rates.
Small Group Ministry Leadership (25%)
- Develop a holistic strategy for healthy small groups at Cityview.
- Implement a strategy to recruit, equip, and motivate small group shepherds.
- Lead regular shepherd meetings and annual retreats.
- Track and increase small group participation rates.
- Develop an ongoing strategy to move regular attenders into small groups at Cityview.
- Implement a plan for ongoing effective coaching of small group shepherds.
- Assure small group alignment with the leadership and vision of the elders.
- Plan and oversee Life University classes during the summer small-group break.
Men’s and Women’s Ministry Leadership (20%)
- Develop a holistic strategy for ongoing Men’s and Women’s ministry at Cityview.
- Oversee our Women’s Ministry Coordinator.
- Oversee our Men’s Ministry Coordinator.
- Keep Men’s and Women’s Ministry aligned with the direction of the church.
- Help budget for and provide coordination for annual Men’s and Women’s retreats.
- Host appropriate Men’s and Women’s Bible studies during the year.
Benevolence Ministry Leadership (10%)
- Develop an updated strategy for accepting and processing benevolence applications.
- Build, equip, and motivate the lay benevolence team.
- Oversee and manage the benevolence budget.
- Strengthen existing relationships with benevolence ministries in Round Rock.
Preaching and Teaching (10%)
- Preach in the Cityview pulpit 6 times a year.
- Teach in various settings throughout the year.
Personal Growth (5%)
- Continue to be a learner in ministry. (be teachable)
- Cultivate a passionate prayer life and love for Scripture. (be disciplined)
- Develop consistency in personal evangelism. (be missional)
- Involvement in global outreach. (be international)
Staff Participation (5%)
- Attend weekly staff meetings and meet regularly with supervisor.
- Meet regularly with the Connections Administrative Assistant.
- Participate in annual staff and pastor retreats.
Ministry Win: To build the systems, structures, and leadership teams necessary to help the people of Cityview Bible Church grow in spiritual maturity.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Student PastorM1 Church
- McLeansboro, Illinois
- January 16
Associate PastorEaton First Church of God
- Eaton, Ohio
- January 16
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Cityview Bible Church
Cityview Bible Church is a dynamic, growing congregation that is committed to reaching people with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ. Planted in 2007, Cityview now has an average weekly attendance of 500 adults and 250 children and students. We are committed to a gospel-centered philosophy of ministry that roots all spiritual growth and development in the grace of God offered in Jesus Christ. We are a church-planting church. We planted churches in 2009, 2011, 2012, and are in the process of sponsoring our fourth and More...