NOT USE THE ‘APPLY NOW’ BUTTON BELOW***
APPLY HERE FOR THIS POSITION:
POSITION TITLE: Senior Pastor
LOCATION: Jackson, MS Metro
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
DENOMINATION: Southern Baptist
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 1100
MinisterSearch (https://MinisterSearch.com/) is delighted to partner with a church in a great community in the Jackson, Mississippi, metro area. This church, which has 1100 attendees each week is
looking for a strong leader and visionary to be their Sr. Pastor.
In addition to leadership and vision caster, the next Sr. Pastor must possess exceptional preaching skills, using Scripture to present engaging and relevant teaching that reaches everyone, regardless of age, background, or where they are in their spiritual
With a very large contingent of families, this area of growth is secondary to very strong preschool and children's ministries and programs. Additionally, they have a strong student ministry that also draws families. As a great bonus, the church also has
a good relationship with the local schools, which are excellent. They have been identified as a friendly and welcoming congregation and staff that does an excellent job of ministering and serving.
Located in a wide river plain, the Jackson metro area is surrounded by gently rolling terrain and pine forests. Jackson is Mississippi’s largest city and a hub of government, commerce, and manufacturing for the state. There are many points of historic interest,
many family friendly places to discover, and hundreds of events, from heritage festivals to antique shows and symphony concerts to sports classics.
The Ross Barnett Reservoir offers water recreation and historic country drives radiate in all directions, notably north on the Natchez Trace to Canton and beyond. The University of Mississippi Medical Center adds to a strong network of healthcare facilities.
There are several smaller colleges, and the area has a strong arts presence. Cost of living is among the lowest of capital cities. Add in the great weather and the warm hospitality, and have a community that offers an excellent place to live.
- Provide visionary, strategic, and collaborative leadership for the life and ministry of the church, bringing discernment and focus to priorities that support the vision.
- Maintain a personal time of Bible reading, fellowship, prayer, and growth in the Lord.
- Lead the church in performing its task of worship, witness, education, ministry, and fellowship.
- Serve as the spiritual leader of the body by preaching and teaching the Word through engaging, relevant methods.
- Serve as the primary leader and communicator of the church’s vision to staff, congregation (members, attendees, seekers), and the community at large; ongoing casting, developing, and implementing vision.
- Lead, mentor, and shepherd the Staff.
- Develop the congregation as a ministering community that cares for one another and a missional body that reaches those outside the church walls for Christ.
- Lead the church in supporting denominational initiatives in cooperation with the SBC, state and local associations.
- Perform the functions of the pastoral office as necessary and appropriate (i.e. weddings, funerals, etc.).
- Degree from an accredited Seminary strongly preferred; Doctorate a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years’ ministry experience with teaching/preaching duties.
- Proven track record of leading by example, showing others how to live a godly life by actions and not just words.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead as well as delegate in a manner that builds trust.
- Exceptional preaching skills, using Scripture to present engaging and relevant teaching.
- Vision caster who can communicate the church's vision with ability to bring the congregation along to carry out the vision.
- Decisive decision making skills utilizing the wisdom and discernment empowered by God.
- Ability to effectively communicate relationally with people of all ages, from all walks of life, all cultures, and personalities in a God-honoring way.
- Support the total ministry of the church and help the church to fulfill its mission.
- Possess solid time management and organizational skills.
***DO NOT USE THE ‘APPLY NOW’ BUTTON BELOW***
APPLY HERE FOR THIS POSITION: http://goo.gl/tvlPFa