Georgetown Bible Church in Hudsonville, MI is looking for a full-time youth pastor. We are going through a season of exciting change. Our current youth pastor is transitioning to the role of an administrative pastor. As he transitions, he will be able
to assist the new youth pastor acclimate to his new position. He will adjust his transition time to fit the new youth pastor’s level of experience. We believe that this is a great model for a church as we strive to equip and see our family in Christ be excellent
for Him. Georgetown Bible Church is a church that focuses on relationships and shepherding. We LOVE God, and we show that we love Him, because we LOVE His people and we CARE for His people. That is our focus. Our mission is to Surrender, Serve and Share
and we strive to have our activities and all of what we do at Georgetown Bible Church fit into one of those categories. If you are interested in learning more about Georgetown Bible Church, please visit us at georgetownbiblechurch.com.
For us to consider your resume, you will need to supply a detailed doctrinal statement. When you submit your resume, we will send you an email where you can send us your doctrinal statement
or it can be mailed to the church at the address below - attention Search Committee. Your information must be received by February 20th to be considered. Below you will find a summary of the Job Description. We hope to partner with you in serving
our Great God together! May God direct your paths in the future!
Georgetown Bible Church
4114 Baldwin Ave
Hudsonville, MI 49426
GEORGETOWN BIBLE CHURCH
Youth Pastor Job Description
Summary: Seeking a man, called of God to foster change, motivate and disciple the next generation of students at Georgetown Bible Church.
- Demonstrates a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Demonstrates a personal spiritual life that is parallel with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- Called to be a Shepherd of the flock and demonstrates servant-leadership
- Self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for student ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents and staff.
- An engaging teacher that demonstrates passion and conviction that is biblical. He can also abide by the theological separation that is clearly defined in our Doctrinal Statement.
- Create and execute a long-term vision for the student ministry in accordance with vision at GBC.
- Administrate and Lead an effective Middle School and High School Youth Program, implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism outreach, mission outreach and ministry within the church body.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis
- Maintain contact with students and parents. Strive to communicate with all regarding upcoming events and strategies.
- Support parents as necessary in accordance with Scripture
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to complement the body of Christ.
- Participation as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church body. i.e hospital calls, emergency situations, weekend on-calls.
- Other duties may be required
- Attend worship services
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the Administrative Elder board
- Participate in a yearly job performance review
- Present and Maintain a yearly youth budget
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading and attending youth leadership conferences
- Preach and teach on occasion in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in related field or is working towards one
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Youth Ministry is preferred
- Maintains a minimum of a 45-hour workweek (flexible office hours)
- Communicates clearly at every level – Staff, Council, Church, Parents, Students; etc.
- Resolves disputes and conflict as outlined in God’s Word. Seeks help from staff as needed.
- Musical background/ability is preferred