If you are reading this then you are looking to serve God in the ministry. We want to support you as you seek His will for your life. There is nothing better than serving God! Georgetown Bible Church has a unique opportunity for a person looking to serve in youth ministry. This is a full-time position that will help you grow through your first year of ministry. Our church is going through a season of exciting change, our current youth pastor is moving into a different role at the church and as he transitions out, he will be working with you as a mentor, to help you succeed in the ministry. You will be working hand in hand with him over that year to build relationships with the teens, parents and other staff members. We believe that this is a great model for a church as we strive to equip and see our family in Christ be excellent for Him. Georgetown Bible Church is a church that focuses on relationships and shepherding. We LOVE God, and we show that we love Him, because we LOVE His people and we CARE for His people. That is our focus. Our mission is to Surrender, Serve and Share and we strive to have our activities and all of what we do at Georgetown Bible Church fit into one of those categories. If you are interested in learning more about Georgetown Bible Church, please visit us at georgetownbiblechurch.com and you can like us on Facebook! For us to consider your resume please include a summary of your doctrincal statement. Below you will find a summary of the Job Description. We hope to partner with you in serving our Great God together! May God direct your paths in the future!
Georgetown Bible Church
4114 Baldwin Ave
Hudsonville, MI 49426
GEORGETOWN BIBLE CHURCH
Pastor – Student Ministries Pastor
Summary: Seeking a man, called of God to foster change, motivate and disciple the next generation of students at Georgetown Bible Church.
- Demonstrates a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Demonstrates a personal spiritual life that is parallel with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- Called to be a Shepherd of the flock and demonstrates servant-leadership
- Demonstrates to be a self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for student ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents and staff.
- Demonstrates to be an engaging teacher that demonstrates passion and conviction that is biblical and can abide by the theological separation that is clearly defined in our Doctrinal Statement.
- Create and execute a long-term vision for the student ministry in accordance with vision at GBC.
- Administrate and Lead an effective Middle School and High School Youth Program. Implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism outreach, mission outreach and ministry within the church body.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis
- Maintain contact with students and parents; strive to communicate with all regarding upcoming events and strategies.
- Support parents as necessary, and in accordance with Scripture
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to complement the body of Christ.
- Participation as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church body. i.e hospital calls, emergency situations, weekend on-calls.
- Other duties may be required
- Attend worship services
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the Administrative Elder board
- Participate in a yearly job performance review
- Present and Maintain a yearly youth budget
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading and attending youth leadership conferences
- Preach and teach on occasion in the absence of the Lead Pastor.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2 years of experience in Youth Ministry is preferred
- Maintains a 45-hour workweek (flexible office hours) – 40 hours plus 5 hours of volunteer time in other areas that God has gifted him.
- Communicates clearly at every level – Staff, Council, Church, Parents, Students; etc.
- Resolves disputes and conflict as outlined in God’s Word. Seeks help from staff as needed.
- Musical background/ability is preferred
- Advanced computer/networking abilities is preferred
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
student ministry pastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24