Pomerado Christian Church Preschool is a ministry of Pomerado Christian Church located in the tight-knit community of Poway, CA and serves approximately 130 children annually ranging in age from 3 – 5 years old with an annual operating budget of $300+K and
a staff of approximately 15 FTEs comprising full and part-time staff. The Preschool has been in existence for nearly 40 years and has a strong reputation in the Poway community and the ACSI community (Association of Christian Schools International) of having
a caring, relaxed, safe, Christ-centered setting, within which we provide opportunities for learning and growth through developmental, age-appropriate exploration, discovery, and hands-on experiences.
We are searching for our next Preschool Director who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and possesses a background as a dynamic educator with experience as a Director at a similar size and type of Preschool.
The Director has overall responsibility for the daily operations and administration of the Preschool including organizing and implementing activities designed to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of children, supervising
and providing spiritual leadership to the staff, and ensuring compliance with Title 22 State and licensing regulations. The Director also works collaboratively with the Preschool Board to establish and follow policies and procedures governing the administrative
functions of the Preschool. The Director must remain current in the field of Early Childhood Education and be able to develop creative programs that support the ministry and growth of the Preschool.
- Must have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior
- Be an active member of Pomerado Christian Church or a church of like faith
- Minimum of AA Degree from an accredited college with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education Development - Bachelor's Degree with 6 units focused on Administration or Staff Relations is preferred
- A valid Children’s Center Supervisory Permit issued by the California Commission for Teacher Preparation and Licensing (or the ability to obtain such Permit)
- Minimum of 3 years Administrative experience as a Director in a comparable size and type of Preschool
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a licensed center or comparable group program
- Significant experience maintaining compliance with Title 22 State and licensing regulations
- Budget development and management experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered