Redeemer is a multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in Encinitas built on the belief that the gospel renews everything. Our vision is to saturate North County San Diego and beyond with the gospel so it leads to renewal in our lives, church and communities.
Directs the Communications Department to communicate and promote Redeemer’s mission, vision, values, strategy, and core initiatives. This position strategically oversees the creation, management, and monitoring of all communications to the congregation at Redeemer, as well as all external communications, through various channels (including website, social media, print materials, advertisements, videos, and Sunday services visual support).
- Works with the Redeemer Leadership Team to set direction for all communication (both internal and external) by creating and initiating communications strategies, systems, and policies.
- Operates as Redeemer’s spokesperson, helping leaders and members communicate their individual stories and using effective communication channels.
- Collaborates with ministry leaders, staff, and volunteers to plan and implement their communications projects and major initiatives.
- Recruits and manages staff and volunteers, leading, training and instructing them in all phases of their duties and responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains quality standards for branding and all church communication.
- Oversees church wide ministry calendar to ensure accurate and timely communication to the church body via multiple communication channels, including weekly bulletin, church-wide emails, videos, Sunday slides, website, social media, and various other communications media.
- Manages relationships with outside vendors by facilitating agreements, contracts, and work orders.
- Prepares and oversees annual communications strategic plan and goals.
- Prepares and manages all print media (weekly bulletin, special events, etc.)
- Develops and monitors metrics and conducts research to evaluate the effectiveness of the communications strategy and initiatives.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and as Lord.
- Membership and active participation with Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
- Has a high level of proficiency in written communications including grammar, punctuation, and spelling in the English language.
- Corporate, church, or agency experience (3+ years) with internal and external communications planning and executing strategic communication initiatives.
- Experience (3+ years) leading a communications, public relations, advertising, or marketing team.
- Strong working knowledge of available and emergent communication channels including web, social media, print, media/PR, copy writing, graphic design, video and displays.
- Strong awareness of current & emergent trends in design.
- Extensive knowledge of design related software including Adobe and Microsoft products.
- Proficient with basic design skills to create/edit graphics and print collateral for our basic design needs.
- Able to direct contract graphic designers for our advanced graphic needs.
- A rich understanding of social media, its benefits, drawbacks, and strategies for its utilization to communicate effectively to our church and to the world.
- Experience overseeing website media.
- Passionate about serving the Lord and partnering with ministries to maximize opportunities to spread the gospel through appropriate communications strategy.
- Collaborative, diplomatic leader who works well with diverse team dynamics, and is comfortable and confident making difficult decisions while managing expectations.
- Coachable and teachable with the ability to receive critical feedback and make adjustments accordingly.
- Extremely organized, result driven individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who effectively contributes to a multi diversified leadership team.
- Ability to initiate and support innovation with creativity, openness, flexibility and future focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with purpose to a variety of audiences.
Oversees: Contract Graphic Designers & Printers, various volunteers
Employee Type: Exempt approx. 32 hrs/week
Schedule: To Be Determined
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Video ProducerNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Faith Church - Graphic DesignerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sunset Hills, Missouri
- January 20
AVL Technical DirectorMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Audio Engineer / Systems TechnicianThe Ark Church
- Conroe, Texas
- January 19
Redeemer Presbyterian Church
Redeemer Presbyterian Church is multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in Encinitas, CA built on the belief that the gospel renews everything. Our vision is to saturate North County San Diego and beyond with the gospel so it leads to renewal in our lives, church and communities.More...