TECHNICAL MANAGER POSITION PROFILE FOR WEST SHORE EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH
From its humble beginning 40 years ago, to a thriving church of 2,500 people today, West Shore Evangelical Free Church remains committed to impacting the central Pennsylvania city of Mechanicsburg and its surrounding communities with truth and love. Known for its strong commitment to family, the church is truly multi-generational. Building on the rich heritage of its past, West Shore is currently experiencing significant growth under the leadership of its Senior Pastor, a young leader, Trent Thompson. His dynamic, practical Bible teaching, and genuine love for people is connecting with people of all ages.
From the pulpit to all venues for training and service, a high value is placed on knowing God’s Word and allowing the gospel to shape lives inside and out. There is passion for truth as they look to see God cultivate lives of deep meaning and purpose in people from all walks of life.
West Shore is a unique blend of young families, retirees and everything in between. The high quality children’s and youth ministries bring a significant impact to the church, and are deliberately focused on equipping parents and families to raise young people who love the Lord with all their hearts. In addition, the church is seeing a growing percentage of attendees who do not have an established faith. These folks are seeking an open and welcoming community where they can find answers to their faith questions.
Located on 92 acres, the sprawling West Shore campus contains a 1500-seat worship center, full-size gymnasium, multiple classrooms and community spaces, as well as outdoor walking paths and sports fields.
One of the strengths of the church is a highly trusted and strategic staff, most of who have been at the church for more than three years. Executive Pastor, John Nesbitt and Pastor Trent lead this team together as they cultivate a collaborative, creative, trusting and fun environment.
Under previous leadership, West Shore has transitioned in its worship style from traditional to blended, and, more recently, to contemporary/modern, with elements that honor all generations. With the arrival of our new worship pastor, George Romanacce, the church is now poised and ready to build on this heritage and take the worship ministry to the next level.
There is a great value placed on participative corporate worship at West Shore. The two identical Sunday morning services feature a worship team and band, supported by competent staff and volunteers. The 75-minute services are well planned and executed, and include worship in song, prayer, and a practical Bible message.
There is an impressive pool of over 60 talented staff and volunteers who serve in the worship and tech ministries. They serve faithfully and there is a strong desire to be led and to grow in creativity, excellence, and effectiveness. The technical manager will play a crucial role supporting the worship pastor in the recruiting, training and organizing of volunteer teams and in supporting church-wide sound, video, and lighting needs.
West Shore is a church that is constantly looking to the future. They are strategic in taking the gospel to each new generation in a language they will hear and understand. The church is passionate about connecting young adults and families to Jesus and each other. With that in mind, they are looking for a technical manager who can lead and connect with this demographic while maintaining a high value for all generations.
Location / Demographic
Mechanicsburg is in the heart of Central Pennsylvania in the Cumberland Valley. It is 14 miles west of Harrisburg and sits between the cities of Hershey and Gettysburg. It is a family-friendly community with great schools and affordable housing (average home prices in the 200K-250K range). With four distinct seasons each year, residents enjoy the best of outdoor recreation and local attractions. While the community offers the comforts of a mid-size city, it is only a few hours from the major metropolitan areas of D.C., Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New York. Central Pennsylvania offers the rich heritage of the northeast while sharing the friendliness and authenticity of the mid-west.
West Shore is a congregationally-governed, elder-ruled, and staff-led church. They are affiliated with The Evangelical Free Church of America (www.efca.org) and embrace the EFCA’s Statement of Faith. It is a place where collaboration is valued, creativity is encouraged, and leadership is recognized. The unique combination of a young, highly-skilled, and relational senior pastor, paired with a supportive executive pastor provides an environment where current and future staff can thrive. West Shore is an ideal place for a technical manager with authentic faith, the right skill set, and a genuine love for people.
Challenge and Opportunity
West Shore is a thriving church built on a strong heritage. With the addition of the new senior pastor and the subsequent growth this last two years, it is looking to build the team of the future and be led in expressions of worship that deepen love for God and people. West Shore’s next technical manager will have the opportunity to love and support this church family in these expressions.
To find out more about West Shore Evangelical Free Church, please take time to peruse the church website at www.westshorefree.org to learn more about its doctrinal beliefs, vision, and values and the many other ministries of the church.
If, after a thorough look at this information, you sense that this would be a good fit for you, please contact: Lauren Allen, Ministry Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org 717-620-2330 x105.
Full-time staff position: Technical Manager (Sound, Video, Lighting - SVL)
Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Genuine walk with Christ including spiritual depth and commitment to making disciples
- Passion for using technology in ministry and strong SVL skills
- A team builder
- A clear call to and love for the local church with a willingness to be “all in” with the mission and vision of the church
- Strong live and recorded sound mixing skills and a musician’s ear
- Servant-hearted and flexible
- High-capacity task execution and completion
- Good chemistry with worship pastor
- Hard worker (not a minimalist)
- Willing to support the SVL needs of other ministries within the church
- Innovative and creative, with the ability to offer a breadth of musical expressions, video and theatrical lighting
Reports To: Worship Pastor
Relates Closely With:
- Worship Pastor
- Church Administrator
- Worship staff and volunteers
- Other West Shore Staff
Provides Direct Oversight of:
- Church-wide sound, video, lighting ministry and related volunteer teams
- Full lifecycle management of church-wide SVL and worship ministry assets
- Love Jesus and people well
- Manage all church-wide SVL activity and all SVL paid and volunteer staff
- Develop systems and structure that will create a healthy, God-honoring SVL ministry culture
- Live a healthy, balanced lifestyle that honors God, family and others
- Continually develop gifts and knowledge through training, networking and personal development
- Serve as the primary SVL leader of the church while developing other leaders as well
- Support collaborative design of worship services and special events
- Ensure seamless technical execution of the weekend services
- Build and maintain a healthy, effective SVL ministry team and community
- Communicate with key people in a timely manner
- Maintain healthy team relationships through meetings and informal sharing of life
- Build an SVL culture that is continually attracting new volunteers and infusing new talent, resulting in an ever-growing worship ministry
- Help develop SVL staff and volunteers to realize their full God-given potential
- Education: Bachelor degree preferred, however a combination of education and experience (typically 6+ years combined) in audio, media, and/or similar technical discipline is acceptable
- Field experience in music, live production, creative and/or church environment expected
- 2+ years supervisory experience in a large church setting (5+ years preferred)
- Video production skill and experience
- Working knowledge of planning and presentation software, analog & digital mixing consoles, theatrical lighting systems (boards, LED and conventional fixtures), recording software, video production software
- Solid working knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems
Compensation Package: Total compensation negotiable based on experience and education.
To find out more about this exciting and immediate ministry opportunity contact: Lauren Allen, Ministry Assistant email@example.com 717-620-2330 x105.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
IT Support TechnicianNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- September 22
Technical DirectorParkview Baptist Church
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- September 22
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21
Worship and Media AssociateOak Mountain Presbyterian Church
- Birmingham, Alabama
- September 20
Video ProducerCumberland Community Church
- Smyrna, Georgia
- September 20