Lee’s Summit Community Church
Position: Teaching Pastor
Focus of position: Is the primary speaker in weekend and special services and provides for the leadership and development of the Teaching Team and Teaching Ministry of LSCC.
- A baptized follower of Christ who has demonstrated and is currently seeking to live by the character qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1.
- A Partner of LSCC who deeply understands and is committed to the vision, three commitments, and statement of faith of LSCC.
- Financially supports the vision of LSCC through his family’s tithe.
- Ability to take direction, (follow) manage influence; (lead) and work effectively as a member of a team (contribute).
- Demonstrated gifts in the areas of teaching, leading, and shepherding.
- Is an emotionally, relationally, and spiritually self-aware and healthy person.
- Has a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a seminary or advanced degree in biblical studies/divinity is strongly preferred.
- Possesses a minimum of 4 years successful experience as a Teaching Pastor or Lead Pastor in a church of 700+.
- Embraces team leadership and helping lead LSCC through a plurality of Elders.
- Exemplifies leadership that is aware of and a servant to the whole of LSCC.
- Ability to lead, supervise, and develop staff and volunteer(s)/team(s) in a way that values people and contributes to the weekend teaching experience at LSCC.
- Is a reader and learner, possessing the humility to celebrate mystery and paradox.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of scripture and a strong commitment, ability, and desire to teach for life transformation, not just biblical information.
- Is seeking to engage the vision and three commitments in his own life and to create messages that help everyone take steps in seeing the vision come alive in their lives.
- Values working as a team and has the ability to plan and prepare message outlines and messages multiple weeks in advance.
- Ability to further develop and lead the Teaching Team to work effectively with the Lead Team in aligning teaching with the spiritual formation pathway and steps.
- Understands the value of and is committed to furthering small group community and the family ministry philosophy of LSCC.
- Leads and continues to develop the Teaching Team at LSCC in a way that provides for the development of and opportunity for team members to speak.
- Is the primary speaker for weekend worship and special services at LSCC. (40-42 times a year). (Good Friday, Christmas Eve…)
- A contributing member of the Elder team working to develop and protect the vision and direction of LSCC.
- Contributing member of the Creative Arts Team and Lead Team.
- In leading the Teaching Team, develops a series and teaching schedule for LSCC that provides a clear teaching direction and focus for the ministry year.
- Creates and delivers biblical messages that can be integrated into daily life and has life change and transformation as the goal.
- Creates and delivers messages that engage the vision and three commitments in our lives that help each of us live more like Jesus.
- Effectively inspires and shares the vision for special initiatives and opportunities of LSCC or its ministry systems.
- Work effectively with Devotional Team to insure they have what they need to provide daily devotionals that further integrate weekend messages into our daily lives.
- Responsible for developing, advocating for, and stewarding the Teaching Team and Teaching Ministry budget at LSCC.
- Works effectively with the Worship Pastor and Worship Team(s), helping to inspire them in leading LSCC to authentic experiences in worship.
- Creates and maintains a creative process that honors milestones and deadlines, values people, and integrates effectively into the collaborative needs of LSCC as a whole.
- Values a healthy pace of life that is sustainable and life giving to him, family and others.
- Practices Sabbath and helps lead others to discover and practice Sabbath in their lives.
- Creates availability to do weddings and funerals as requested by our partners and as schedule permits.
- Reports to the Elder Team for regular supervision, accountability, and development
- Serves as an Elder on the Elder Team
- Leads the Teaching Team at LSCC
- Serves on the Lead Team
- Serves on the Creative Arts Team
- Works closely with the Executive Pastor and Family Ministry Pastor