Lee’s Summit Community Church
Position: Teaching Pastor
Focus of position: Is the primary speaker in weekend and special services and provides for the leadership and development of the Teaching Team and Teaching Ministry of LSCC.
- A baptized follower of Christ who has demonstrated and is currently seeking to live by the character qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1.
- A Partner of LSCC who deeply understands and is committed to the vision, three commitments, and statement of faith of LSCC.
- Financially supports the vision of LSCC through his family’s tithe.
- Ability to take direction, (follow) manage influence; (lead) and work effectively as a member of a team (contribute).
- Demonstrated gifts in the areas of teaching, leading, and shepherding.
- Is an emotionally, relationally, and spiritually self-aware and healthy person.
- Has a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a seminary or advanced degree in biblical studies/divinity is strongly preferred.
- Possesses a minimum of 4 years successful experience as a Teaching Pastor or Lead Pastor in a church of 700+.
- Embraces team leadership and helping lead LSCC through a plurality of Elders.
- Exemplifies leadership that is aware of and a servant to the whole of LSCC.
- Ability to lead, supervise, and develop staff and volunteer(s)/team(s) in a way that values people and contributes to the weekend teaching experience at LSCC.
- Is a reader and learner, possessing the humility to celebrate mystery and paradox.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of scripture and a strong commitment, ability, and desire to teach for life transformation, not just biblical information.
- Is seeking to engage the vision and three commitments in his own life and to create messages that help everyone take steps in seeing the vision come alive in their lives.
- Values working as a team and has the ability to plan and prepare message outlines and messages multiple weeks in advance.
- Ability to further develop and lead the Teaching Team to work effectively with the Lead Team in aligning teaching with the spiritual formation pathway and steps.
- Understands the value of and is committed to furthering small group community and the family ministry philosophy of LSCC.
- Leads and continues to develop the Teaching Team at LSCC in a way that provides for the development of and opportunity for team members to speak.
- Is the primary speaker for weekend worship and special services at LSCC. (40-42 times a year). (Good Friday, Christmas Eve…)
- A contributing member of the Elder team working to develop and protect the vision and direction of LSCC.
- Contributing member of the Creative Arts Team and Lead Team.
- In leading the Teaching Team, develops a series and teaching schedule for LSCC that provides a clear teaching direction and focus for the ministry year.
- Creates and delivers biblical messages that can be integrated into daily life and has life change and transformation as the goal.
- Creates and delivers messages that engage the vision and three commitments in our lives that help each of us live more like Jesus.
- Effectively inspires and shares the vision for special initiatives and opportunities of LSCC or its ministry systems.
- Work effectively with Devotional Team to insure they have what they need to provide daily devotionals that further integrate weekend messages into our daily lives.
- Responsible for developing, advocating for, and stewarding the Teaching Team and Teaching Ministry budget at LSCC.
- Works effectively with the Worship Pastor and Worship Team(s), helping to inspire them in leading LSCC to authentic experiences in worship.
- Creates and maintains a creative process that honors milestones and deadlines, values people, and integrates effectively into the collaborative needs of LSCC as a whole.
- Values a healthy pace of life that is sustainable and life giving to him, family and others.
- Practices Sabbath and helps lead others to discover and practice Sabbath in their lives.
- Creates availability to do weddings and funerals as requested by our partners and as schedule permits.
- Reports to the Elder Team for regular supervision, accountability, and development
- Serves as an Elder on the Elder Team
- Leads the Teaching Team at LSCC
- Serves on the Lead Team
- Serves on the Creative Arts Team
- Works closely with the Executive Pastor and Family Ministry Pastor
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Student PastorM1 Church
- McLeansboro, Illinois
- January 16
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Lee's Summit Community Church
Lee’s Summit Community Church (LSCC) is a 25-year-old church plant located in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, a southern suburb of the Kansas City metro area. We are an externally-focused community church committed to seeing lives transformed. Our vision is, “Taking steps to know and become like Jesus.” We do this by continuously seeking and taking next steps in areas of worship, community and serve. Currently we are averaging 1,200 people on the weekend with a healthy mix of all generations reflecting the More...