Do you have a passion to disciple and challenge students in their faith? Are you passionate about spiritual growth in your personal life? Can you minister in a culturally diverse environment?
If so, Point Harbor Community Church may be a good fit for you!
Point Harbor Community Church, located in Chesapeake, Virginia is seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a proven track record for growth to oversee the Student Ministries. The candidate will lead and develop the student ministry in alignment
with the vision and mission of the church.
- Oversee the Student Ministries. (6th – 12th grades).
- Teach God’s Word in a personal, applicable, authentic way that is compelling to teenagers with the ultimate aim of salvation and life transformation.
- Implement and oversee the vision and strategy for the Student Ministry to move young people to deeper levels of spiritual growth and church participation.
- Minister to the parents by actively connecting, listening, teaching, and communicating with them on a regular basis.
- Lead, recruit, develop, and encourage team members.
- Develop and implement Student Ministry events.
- Assist with other areas of ministry as directed by the Family Life Pastor.
- Be active in the life of the church by supporting and attending church-wide activities whenever possible.
- Develop, manage, and function within the Student Ministry budget.
- A clear calling by God to full-time vocational ministry confirmed through ordination.
- A mature and growing disciple of Jesus Christ who is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of Bible study and worship.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Bible or ministry related focus.
- Proven ability to preach, teach and minister to teenagers.
- Leadership experience within student ministries.
- Possess strong relationship skills and the ability to connect well with youth, team members, and parents.
- Agreement with Point Harbor Community Church’s mission, values, beliefs – http://www.pointharbor.com/values-and-beliefs/
- Meets the qualifications of an Elder (I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 NIV).
Desired Gifts, Skills, Talents and Passions:
- Spiritual gifts of teaching & leadership. Display a shepherd’s heart & a passion to disciple people.
- Must exhibit a teachable spirit and willingness to be personally developed while also developing others.
- Must have a thoroughly gospel-centered framework that produces a biblically sound ministry displayed in both their public and private life.
- Must exhibit contagious enthusiasm for teenagers and their families.
- Needs to have a functional level of administration skills.
- Perform general pastoral duties when necessary.
- Ability to utilize technology relevant to this position such as Word, PowerPoint, social media, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a disciple and to disciple others in a one-on-one relationship.
- Ability to lead worship through music is a plus.
Interested candidates must do the following in order to be considered:
1. Submit a resume with 4 professional references + photo.
2. Submit at least 2 links to online samples of teaching/preaching in a student ministry environment.
3. Submit any personality tests, strength finders, or equivalent.
All submissions must be complete and sent to Ashleigh Roots at email@example.com
Or Mailed to: Point Harbor Community Church
Attn: Ashleigh Roots
2705 Taylor Rd
Chesapeake, VA 23321
Other Things You Might Like to Know
- We are a multi-racial congregation.
- We dress casually: You’ll find people in jeans, t-shirts, as well as business casual attire.
- We have a large military presence in our area.
- Chesapeake is a part of a metropolitan region in Southeastern Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina, affectionately known as Hampton Roads. Here you will find a variety of beaches, amusement parks, museums, and historical sites, all within an hour or
less of our beautiful city.
You can learn more about Point Harbor Community Church at www.pointharbor.com