Do you have a passion to disciple and challenge students in their faith? Are you passionate about spiritual growth in your personal life? Can you minister in a culturally diverse environment?
If so, Point Harbor Community Church may be a good fit for you!
Point Harbor Community Church, located in Chesapeake, Virginia is seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a proven track record for growth to oversee the Student Ministries. The candidate will lead and develop the student ministry in alignment with the vision and mission of the church.
- Oversee the Student Ministries. (6th – 12th grades).
- Teach God’s Word in a personal, applicable, authentic way that is compelling to teenagers with the ultimate aim of salvation and life transformation.
- Implement and oversee the vision and strategy for the Student Ministry to move young people to deeper levels of spiritual growth and church participation.
- Minister to the parents by actively connecting, listening, teaching, and communicating with them on a regular basis.
- Lead, recruit, develop, and encourage team members.
- Develop and implement Student Ministry events.
- Assist with other areas of ministry as directed by the Family Life Pastor.
- Be active in the life of the church by supporting and attending church-wide activities whenever possible.
- Develop, manage, and function within the Student Ministry budget.
- A clear calling by God to full-time vocational ministry confirmed through ordination.
- A mature and growing disciple of Jesus Christ who is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of Bible study and worship.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Bible or ministry related focus.
- Proven ability to preach, teach and minister to teenagers.
- Leadership experience within student ministries.
- Possess strong relationship skills and the ability to connect well with youth, team members, and parents.
- Agreement with Point Harbor Community Church’s mission, values, beliefs – http://www.pointharbor.com/values-and-beliefs/
- Meets the qualifications of an Elder (I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 NIV).
Desired Gifts, Skills, Talents and Passions:
- Spiritual gifts of teaching & leadership. Display a shepherd’s heart & a passion to disciple people.
- Must exhibit a teachable spirit and willingness to be personally developed while also developing others.
- Must have a thoroughly gospel-centered framework that produces a biblically sound ministry displayed in both their public and private life.
- Must exhibit contagious enthusiasm for teenagers and their families.
- Needs to have a functional level of administration skills.
- Perform general pastoral duties when necessary.
- Ability to utilize technology relevant to this position such as Word, PowerPoint, social media, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a disciple and to disciple others in a one-on-one relationship.
- Ability to lead worship through music is a plus.
Interested candidates must do the following in order to be considered:
1. Submit a resume with 4 professional references + photo.
2. Submit at least 2 links to online samples of teaching/preaching in a student ministry environment.
3. Submit any personality tests, strength finders, or equivalent.
All submissions must be complete and sent to Ashleigh Roots at email@example.com
Or Mailed to: Point Harbor Community Church
Attn: Ashleigh Roots
2705 Taylor Rd
Chesapeake, VA 23321
Other Things You Might Like to Know
- We are a multi-racial congregation.
- We dress casually: You’ll find people in jeans, t-shirts, as well as business casual attire.
- We have a large military presence in our area.
- Chesapeake is a part of a metropolitan region in Southeastern Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina, affectionately known as Hampton Roads. Here you will find a variety of beaches, amusement parks, museums, and historical sites, all within an hour or less of our beautiful city.
You can learn more about Point Harbor Community Church at www.pointharbor.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
High School DirectorLake Grove Presbyterian Church
- Lake Oswego, Oregon
- January 18
Student Ministries PastorBraeswood Assembly of God Church
- Houston, Texas
- January 17
Pastor of Student MinistriesThe Orchard Evangelical Free Church
- Arlington Heights , Illinois
- January 17
Director of Student MinistriesJeffrey Calhoun
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- January 17
Youth DirectorGrace at Fort Clake United Methodist Church
- Gainesville, Florida
- January 17