Wheaton Bible Church is seeking a full-time Digital Communication Specialist (web, email, apps, and social media) to join our Communication Team, providing potential visitors, guests, members, staff, and attenders with easy-to-use, compelling, interactive
content through electronic media resources. Through both front-end development of our web site and appropriate interaction through other digital tools including e-communication and social media, this individual will contribute to the church’s total effort
to communicate the purpose and programs of Wheaton Bible Church with excellence, as we pursue our mission to love God, grow together, and reach the world.
- Develop/maintain the website of the church and its three main campus congregations—providing web/digital leadership as we move toward a multi-campus environment.
- Play point for the look and feel, content creation, design, and updates for the website, ensuring the site is engaging, easy to navigate, and in sync with church priorities—while championing for the needs of the end user—including creating/adapting graphics
- Facilitate development of overall church digital strategy, including internet, e-communication, and social network channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Manage weekly e-news development and publication, and daily devotional publication to the web and to e-subscribers.
- Assist ministries with web resources and updates, developing ministry pages and key site destinations, and serving as communication point to support relationships, including web host, IT, and other vendors.
- Maximize and manage the use of social media, text messaging, phone apps, online streaming, RSS feeds, and digital ads: developing strategies and ministry use plans, creating opportunities for staff and congregation engagement.
- Manage vendor relationships with our web host (Church Media), Subsplash, and others.
- Troubleshoot and quickly solve technical issues with our web host.
- Provide appropriate analytics and reporting to facilitate strategic use of each digital property.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to holiness and developing your walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
- If married, love your spouse and prioritize your marriage. If you are a parent, disciple your children to know God and to love Him.
- 2-3 years of digital communication experience, including web design, and a working knowledge of current web technologies and emerging digital media. (Experience in a multi-site church environment a plus.)
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, digital media, web, or other related field preferred.
- Familiarity with web programming code (HTML/CSS, PHP, responsive web design, Wordpress, etc.)
- Strong social media skills and understanding of current trends.
- Fluency with Mac operating system; familiarity with Windows and mobile devices platforms.
- Strong design skills; ability to work with software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, especially digital design applications.
- Ability to create and advise on e-communications using Church Community Builder, MailChimp, and mail merge features. (Familiarity with church management software such as Church Community Builder and Service U, a plus.)
- Forward thinking, strategic, and self directed—able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment, collaborating with co-workers in graphic design, copy/editing, and video, to create cohesive messaging and brand consistency.
- A keen understanding of church ministries, as well as the ability to function efficiently in a church setting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to attend and become a member of Wheaton Bible Church and agree with the WBC Statement of Doctrine and Faith.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter including a summary of their faith journey plus their current resume to email@example.com . Minority candidates encouraged to apply.