The purpose of the position of Children’s Ministries Director is to provide oversight, leadership and vision to all children’s ministries and programs from birth through fifth grade, providing an environment and direction that is relational, biblical, enjoyable,
and in harmony with the overall vision of Crossroads Bible Church.
- Direct and lead the ministry in such a way that people take precedence over program to the end that parents, children, volunteers and staff know they are loved and valued
- Direct and lead in such a way that ministry takes into consideration the large number of children while seeking to serve the individual child with his unique personality and capabilities
- Direct and lead all aspects of the Children’s Ministry department, leaders, participants and staff in such a way that the vision of Children’s Ministry to
joyfully lead children on the lifelong adventure of knowing and loving God is met in harmony with the overall vision of CBC through various programs, this includes:
- Sunday morning ministries
- Prime Time midweek club programs
- Crosswalk and Moppets
- Other church wide events as required
- Direct and lead by evaluating and managing the work of the Children’s ministry staff in each of the above areas, delegating and redirecting as necessary to effectively:
- Screen and recruit teachers and leaders for Children’s Ministry’s programs
- Coordinate all ministries for children from nursery to fifth grade
- Train teachers and leaders for all ministries
- Establish curriculum for all ministries
- Ensure that all leaders are aware of policies and procedures for their ministry to be excellent
- Maintain control of expenditures in accordance with approved budget
- Ensure effective use of facilities and equipment
- Communicate within the Children’s Ministries Department, with other departments and church leadership and with families
- Develop and integrate music (and other arts) in CM programs
- Oversee summer day camp for CBC and community by creating overall theme, lessons, theme song and program. Develop emerging leaders through key position on camp staff.
- Shepherd children and leaders in the CM
- Assist Family Pastor in shepherding families in CM
- Reinforce the biblical role of parents in the spiritual growth and development of their children
- Encourage an atmosphere conducive to the vision of CM
- Other duties as assigned
Please do not send any resumes or correspondence to church staff. All applicants will be reviewed by the search committee.
For a complete ministry description please visit our website- www.cbcbellevue.com
check under the "About Us" tab.