Ensures that church financial records are updated timely and accurately. Financial records include donor records, cash disbursements, accounts payable, payroll, financial reports on activities, budgets, donor restricted contributions and disbursements. Finance Director works directly with church staff to communicate status of budgeted expenditures, budget requests, and expenditure approvals according to church policy. The Finance Director works with confidential information and must respect privacy and confidences of church staff, church members and others working with a need to know about financial information.
Position reports to Business Administrator
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities Include:
- Process payroll for church staff and part time employees and contractors such as musicians, including quarterly reporting as required by law;
- Prepare check for accounts payable timely and accurately;
- Maintain donor records accurately with timely reporting to contributors about the status of pledges to the church and other giving;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in a format that meets the requests of the Finance Committee and the church conference;
- Coordinate fund raising requests with the Finance Committee and church policy;
- Meet at least monthly with the Finance Committee to report on financial activities, status and forecasts;
- Work with the Stewardship Committee to ensure timely campaigns for requesting next year pledges from the church members and those who attend;
- Maintain records of donor specific gifts and ensure that disbursements are appropriate to donor expectations and that reporting is accurate and timely;
- Maintain confidentiality of the information learned and used;
- Coordinate with the Business Administrator requests for Benevolence and Compassion ministries, including record keeping;
- Work with counting team to count Sunday morning tithes and offerings
- Post online contributions to donor’s giving statements
- Post online registrations to specific events, maintain counts, and communicate that information to lay team leaders.
- Wire money monthly to our international missions.
- Regular and reliable attendance consistent with church policy and applicable law;
- Customer / Client focused ability to communicate proficiently;
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Proficiency with Shelby Systems;
- Knowledge of payroll reporting requirements
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting rules
The work environment is a professional office arrangement. As a church, it is important to convey a serving attitude and accommodating spirit to our members, guests and other people who interact with the church.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. Keyboard skills are required. Occasional lifting of storage boxes over 10 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Some weekends and evening hours are required dependent upon activities occurring on campus. When weekends are necessary, flexibility of which weekdays to take off is offered.
Our properties include locations in Grapevine, TX. Travel to those locations is required. No other travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- College education preferred Accounting / Bookkeeping courses required
- Prior experience with payroll required
- Prior experience with Shelby Systems required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, responsibilities or requirements that are necessary for the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time and with or without notice. Ability to be a team player and flexible in fulfilling needs as requested or as observed is expected where possible.
Interested candidates should submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Church Business AdministratorPrivate Profile
- Coral Gables, Florida
- September 23
Church Business Manager/CONTROLLERNew Venture Christian Fellowship
- Oceanside, California
- September 22
Church Business AdministratorChristian Life Center
- Dayton, Ohio
- September 22
Financial Ministry AssistantOak View Baptist Church
- Irving, Texas
- September 22
Full Time Receptionist/Office Support PositionPrivate Profile
- Lancaster, New York
- September 21
First United Methodist Church Grapevine
Our mission is to: Experience & Share God's Love! More specifically... To experience God's love through worship, discipleship and fellowship as we share God's love through missions, evangelism and compassion. More...