Job Description – Children’s Pastor/Director
This vital role in our church will provide overall direction for our children’s ministry, birth through 5th grade, at our West University Baptist Campus. This full-time pastoral position, which will report to the Executive Pastor of Family Ministry,
calls for someone who has a unique call to minister to children, their parents, and the volunteer leaders of the ministry. Five years of ministry experience is desired.
- Maintain an active spiritual life including daily time in Bible study and prayer and relationships with mature Christians who will encourage your walk.
- Provide oversight and leadership for Sunday morning Bible studies, Kid Rally, and other children’s programming:
- Overall design of programs
- Recruitment and development of leaders
- Selection of curriculum with appropriate input from children and volunteer leaders
- Teaching and administration as needed
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships with:
- Children on the West U Campus
- Parents of children
- Volunteer leaders
- Be in tune with the spiritual (and other) needs of any of the people within your sphere of ministry, and be prepared to minister to them.
- Develop and lead outreach efforts to un-churched and prospective members in these grades.
- Lead by example – directly involved in outreach and personal evangelism
- Coordinate and encourage outreach by other leaders
- Create an environment in which children regularly invite their friends
- Be actively involved in the church’s development of “family-based” ministry:
- Recommend adjustments to existing programs and events
- Support new church-wide initiatives (e.g.,parenting seminars)
- Help parents grow in their role as the primary disciple-maker for their children
- Cast vision for future of the ministry in terms of programming and growth
- Plan major events and periodic social activities for these groups during the school year and summer. Major events include KPNO, Super Summer, Children’s Camp, and Fall Retreat.
- Maintain an effective and regular communication program with parents, leaders and children.
- Administer budget(s) in related program areas.
- Work with the youth staff and other staff members so that activities are well coordinated.
- Work with staff on both campuses to carry out ministry.
- Counseling – Provide initial counseling as needed with students and their families, and refer to qualified professionals in situations that call for ongoing, specialized, or crisis care.
- Network with other children ministers to be informed of other ministry ideas and opportunities. In particular, be informed of local events, concerts, gatherings, etc. for ministry.
- Be informed of current secular trends and issues.
- Contribute to the overall health of the church by offering your unique perspective and gifts and performing other tasks as needed.
Salary Range: $50,000-$65,000 based on experience of candidate
For more information or to submit your resume please contact:
West U Baptist / Crosspoint Church