Position reports to Senior Pastor
This full time position is responsible for efficient and effective operation of the church office and support of the church mission statement by creating a professional work environment overseeing the day-to-day operations according to church policies and procedures. This position supervises all of the non-pastoral staff at the church.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities Include:
- Human Resources; record keeping and ensuring that timely performance appraisals are conducted and documented.
- Oversight of outside groups; ensuring that groups are adhering to Ministry Safe requirements and meeting all obligations.
- Labor scheduling; minimizing overtime costs while adequately staffing activities as they occur.
- Site set up check; ensuring that arrangements meet the needs of the group and the capacity of the space.
- Church member inquiries; assuming the point role for questions about events, issues or inquiries as they occur.
- Rental properties management.
- Insurance coverage/renewal.
- Conference reports; completing them timely and accurately.
- Trustee reports/needs; meeting monthly with the Trustees to discuss facilities work completed, needed, and planned. Coordinating with the Trustees on any refurbishment or new construction.
- Budget coordination; ensuring that department budgets are submitted timely to Finance and developing an understanding of the cost requests. The Business Administrator and Finance Director discuss budgets with the Finance Committee.
- Meet monthly with Finance Committee.
- Oversight and execution of the Benevolence and Compassion ministries.
- Work with IT consultant to ensure proper security in place for church network and server, determine network upgrades and needs, coordinate with VOIP consultant regarding telecommunication issues.
- Review and approve bills to be paid; ensure that program staff are reviewing budgets/spending.
- Coordinate with Capital Campaign consultants, Building Committee, Trustees and Architect in any new building or renovation of existing facilities.
- Work with mission groups and mission coordinator to ensure funding and travel needs are met for all trips.
- Flexibility with continually changing demands and ability to update assessment of priorities;
- Ability to convey compassion and caring;
- Effective supervisory skills;
- Regular and reliable attendance consistent with church policy and applicable law;
- Customer / Client focused ability to communicate proficiently;
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Shelby proficiency preferred
- Servant’s heart required
- Ability to wear many hats…a necessity!
The work environment is a professional office arrangement. As a church, it is important to convey a serving attitude and accommodating spirit to our members, guests and other people who interact with the church.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Our campus covers over ten acres and has steps and ramps that must be traveled throughout the day. Personally sighting work that is being done by facilities is completed appropriately and that room set up is appropriate for the activity is a frequent part of the oversight required in this position.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are generally Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and on Sunday from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. Some additional hours on weekends and evening hours are required dependent upon activities occurring on campus. When weekends are necessary, flexibility of which weekdays to take off is offered.
Our properties include locations in Grapevine, TX. Travel to those locations is required. No other travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- College education preferred
- Prior supervisory experience in a nonprofit environment is required
- Prior Human Resources experience required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, responsibilities or requirements that are necessary for the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time and with or without notice. Ability to be a team player and flexible in fulfilling needs as requested or as observed is expected where possible.
Interested candidates should submit your résumé to email@example.com by April 11.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
First United Methodist Church Grapevine
Our mission is to: Experience & Share God's Love! More specifically... To experience God's love through worship, discipleship and fellowship as we share God's love through missions, evangelism and compassion. More...