Payroll and Human Resources Coordinator
The Payroll/HR Coordinator is an integral part of Mariners Church operations and contributes to the dynamic growth of our ministries. The person in this role interfaces with staff on all levels in multiple locations and is a valued member of both
the Finance and HR teams. This critical position has oversight and responsibility for managing and processing semi-monthly payroll as well as supporting the HR Department with a variety of initiatives.
1. Payroll Administration, including but not limited to:
a. Preparation of semi-monthly payroll including payroll changes, advances and retro pay.
b. Maintenance of employee database including employee changes and new employees.
c. Review payment of payroll tax liability.
d. Review quarterly payroll tax returns (941 and DE6).
e. Tabulate and record year end additional income for W-2’s.
f. Process and record manual checks (e.g. 3rd party sick pay, terminated employees).
h. Payroll journal entries including Paycom invoice, GL report and reclassification entries.
i. File and make photocopies for Human Resources.
j. Respond to staff queries
k. Distribute paychecks as needed
l. Workers Comp Journal Entries
m. Semi-monthly retirement contributions
n. Oversee time keeping requirements for hourly employees
o. Maintain time off accruals
p. Assist in maintenance of salary and benefits budget
2. HR Generalist Support role will include initiatives, projects and tasks in support of HR functional areas such as Benefits, Compensation, Talent Management and Performance Management.
- ACA - Track and report on threshold hours for benefit eligibility
- Lincoln Financial insurance - reconciliation and bill payment
- STD and LTD tracking and claims
- Guidestone – interface regarding 401(k) contributions and bill payment
HRIS / Reporting
- Run and distribute overtime reports
- Provide up to date staff lists as needed
- Provide birthday information each month communications and front desk
Performance Management & Talent Assessment
- Recording and reporting on performance review scores
- Compile Performance/Potential Data onto spreadsheet and plot on 9-grid
- Manage increase sheets / process, Create salary increase worksheets for each employee
- Staffing plans; maintain and update
- Maintain salary structure documents for each campus
- Ensure Pay Grades are accurate upon hire and transition to new role
1. Reporting Relationship: report to CFO with a dotted line to the HR Director
2. Coordinating Relationships: coordinate with HR Staff and Accounting Staff
1. Intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Attention to detail.
4. Experience with non-profits preferred.
5. Must have knowledge of payroll-related laws and regulations and experience processing payroll for both exempt and non-exempt employees.
6. Computer literate and ten-key proficient.
7. Proficient in Excel
8. Knowledge of Paycom highly desirable.
9. Must be a team player
10. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
1. Regularly attend Mariners Church.
2. Participation in Rooted
3. Participate in a weekly support/accountability small group.
4. Adhere to the guidelines of the Employee Handbook.
V. Conditions of Employment
1. It is a privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry. Those that serve God on the staff at
Mariners Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. It is required that all staff members are in agreement with the vision and values of Mariners