The Church of the Living God, F.G.M
Youth and Young Adult Pastor Job Description
The Church of the Living God (CLG), Full Gospel Ministries was founded in June 1983 following an evangelistic crusade led by Rev. Dr. Stephen K. Gyermeh in Takoma Park, MD. Through similar crusades CLG branches have been established in other US States and in Africa.
A Full-time Youth and Young Adult Pastor is sought for the CLG branch in Hyattsville, Maryland. The adult congregation is predominantly first generation immigrants of African and Caribbean origin. The Youth and Young Adultsare mostly American- born (2nd generation immigrants). Though culturally diverse, we are united through our Pentecostal Commitment to biblical authority, empowerment by the Holy Spirit for every believer, and evangelization of the lost. We have a strong desire to see our youth and young adults embrace these core values.
Function of Job:
To be responsible for the development and oversight of the youth andyoung adult ministry with the goal of our youth andyoung adults becoming devoted followers of Jesus Christ who are impacting their generation with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Reports to: Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- One who is filled with the Holy Spirit for service (Acts 1:8, John 1:33, John 14:17, Luke 4:18, Matthew 3:11, Acts 2:4, Acts 2:38, Acts 4:8, Romans 8:9, Acts 9:17)
- One who is gifted and is called to youth and young adult ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in bible and theology, experience in senior high youth and young adult ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who is capable of creating and executing a long term vision for CLG’s youth and young adult ministry.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with CLG’s statement of faith. (Please view at our website www.clgministries.org- Tenets of Faith)
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities for theYoung Adults:
- Lead and organize effectiveyoung adult programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer young adult staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to young adults on an individual basis.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the young adult ministry budgets; also manage fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate young adult ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Other duties as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities for the Youth:
- Disciples and mentors all young people. (Matt 28:19, 20; 2 Tim 2:2, Ex 35:34; Psalm 78:5-7)
- Prays with and intercedes for young people persistently. (Eph 1:16; Eph 6:18; Col 4:2-4)
- Demonstrates an active love and support for all young people by being an advocate and motivator for godliness, evangelism and social ministry. (Micah 6:8; 1 Tim 4:12; Is 58:6)
- Acts compassionately by listening to and serving their peers. (James 1:19; Mark 9:35)
- Enjoys praying and being with all young people. (Matt 5:13-15)
- The Youth and Young Adult Pastor will oversee all event details involving young people (including summer activities) ensuring that event coordinators are being supported.
- Grow CLG youth andyoung adult ministry in meaningful ways.
- Be mentored by the Senior Pastor, remaining accountable and responsive to his oversight and the oversight of the Presbytery Board for the Youth andYoung Adult Ministry.
- Attend worship services
- Present ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the ministerial staff
- Present a yearly youth andyoung adult budget proposal.
- Stay current with youth and young adult ministry practices by reading, attending youth andyoung adult leadership conferences, etc.
Please provide the following:
- Cover Letter that includes a testimony of your calling into ministryResume
- Doctrinal beliefs
- Copy of a recent sermon via Mp3, Youtube, or an attached video
- Send to:to email@example.com
For further information please contact:
Elder John Adomako at 301-559-8893, ext. 12 or online at
Esther Ofori-Ansah @ 301-559-8893, ext. 20 or online at
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
The Church of the Living God
Since its inception in 1983, The Church of the Living God (CLG) has had the Vision of reaching cities and nations with the Good News of the Gospel: “Rescuing the Perishing, Caring for the Dying.” More...