- To lead and coordinate the development of children (ages birth-6th grade) and to bring them into a life changing and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To provide prayerful leadership and oversight to every aspect of the ministry, including program development, mobilization, and training of volunteer leaders.
- To design an on-going strategic plan for the ministry within the stated mission and vision of the church. He/she will work in partnership with the church’s leadership in developing a children’s ministry that reflects the unique character of the church.
Must have a loving heart towards children and their parents with a desire to teach, disciple, and direct young hearts towards Christ.
Will possess the ability to forecast ministry needs in his/her area of oversight, while joyfully managing the present building constraints.
Will be an energetic individual who has a mature faith in Jesus Christ, a passion for ministering to children, and possess a Christ-centered vision for both children and their families.
Will be a passionate and self-motivated leader, and excel in equipping people in the church to serve in the Children’s Ministry.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- A team player and team builder who can inspire others to work together to achieve excellence that honors God.
- Administrative-minded and ability to work through others to live out day-to-day operations in an organized manner.
- Designing & developing children’s ministry programs.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter and goal-oriented worker.
- Ability to relate to multi-generational and diverse groups of people.
Redemption Bible Church is new body, established in January 2015 out of a calling on four families to reach their community for Christ. As a part of this calling, Redemption Bible Church calls a local YMCA home. While there were a number of reasons this
is a great fit, none more important that the idea of living in the midst of hundreds of people that frequent its doors every day. We are based on the New Testament guidance for a church and would invite you to review our statement of faith on our website:
As of March 2016, Redemption Bible Church hosts around 50-60 adults in worship each week with 30+ children in children’s ministry. Our worship services run about 75 minutes, and we are joined by our kids in Kindergarten or higher for the singing portion
of our worship. Our current view on this is that it allows for parents to model worship for their kids. As the church grows, we realize this may not be sustainable due to capacity and logistical challenges; however, we are enjoying making a joyful noise with
Central to our culture is making, maturing and multiplying disciples. We envision our Children’s Ministry Director acting in a key role modeling and contributing to this mission.
Our current opening is for a part-time and/or bi-vocational children’s ministry director (15-20 hours/week). We look forward to learning of your experience, and working collaboratively to establish a salary that is commiserate with your experience, ability,
and future responsibility.