The Technical Arts Director (TAD) has overall responsibility for leading the audio, video, lighting,stage and multi--media production functions of New Life Fellowship. A key strength needs to be the ability to recruit, train and manage volunteer team members to serve in the Technical Arts Ministry for all worship services and special events. The role is a ministry position and it’s important that the applicant be an active and growing follower of Jesus Christ.
Ensure that the Sunday morning and other service/event experiences are technically excellent:
• Set Processes in place to ensure excellent operation of audio, lighting, and media equipment by volunteers.
• Set a culture of excellence and constant improvement by serving as a proponent for new technology and resources that will improve future services.
• Trouble shoot problems and teach others to do the same.
• Oversee video and graphic elements.
• Oversee any stage set--up and tear down for all services/events.
Manage Volunteer Teams:
• Responsible for process to recruit, train, and schedule tech team volunteers.
• Train volunteers and staff on operational processes and equipment in order to maintain a consistent and excellent experience.
• Provide strong leadership and technical oversight for volunteers.
• Proactively provide opportunities for team members to connect with the church and with each other as a part of our assimilation process.
• Champion the culture of New Life Fellowship with team members and others.
Development of Best Practices and Processes:
• Develop and maintain a standard operating process that will be used for training and ensure consistent excellence when the process is followed.
• Develop a checklist of important steps that is easy for volunteers or staff to refer to as they serve on Sunday mornings and for other events.
• Develop ongoing strategies for constant improvement for the excellence of the Sunday morning experience and other events.
• Continue personal education through various means (conferences, subscriptions,networking, etc.) of technology advancement and future.
• Other staff duties as required.
• Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and operation of all audio/video/lighting/media production equipment.
• Develop detailed knowledge of operation and integration of all equipment.
• Train and equip both staff and volunteers to ensure successful operation of equipment in various settings.
• Assess current and future technology needs and prepare acquisition strategies.
• Oversee the process of set--up, tear--down, and storage of equipment on when needed.
• Put measures in place to ensure that equipment and supplies are secured against damage, loss, or theft.
• File purchase records with serial numbers.
• Follower of Christ applying and growing in Christian disciplines.
• Degree and/or equivalent on the job experience (minimum three years) in Technical Arts and/or Music/Stage Production.
• Experience with video production equipment and software (Pro Presenter)
• Experience leading staff or volunteers.
• Must have good organizational and people skills and desire to equip people for the work of ministry.
• Flexible team player who understands and supports the vision, policies, and procedures of New Life Fellowship.
• Strong work ethic, dependable, reliable, and passionate about technical arts creativity and excellence that impacts lives for Christ.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Possible requirement of set--up and break--down of heavy equipment during regular services and/or special events inside or outside the building
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of MusicOur Savior Lutheran Church
- Livermore, California
- September 25
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23
Director of Music MinistryLiving Christ Lutheran Church
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- September 23
IT Support TechnicianNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- September 22