Mount Pleasant Community Church represents men and women who are sold out to the Great Commission. We are passionately dedicated to leading people into a focused life with Jesus Christ. That is the hill we will die on! We try not to take ourselves too seriously,
we love to laugh, we work hard and we love people. Despite our imperfections, our staff team bends over backwards to support, encourage and share ministry together. We are looking for a man or woman who embraces team, grace, high support, high challenge and
a deep loyalty to Jesus.
Located in Mt Pleasant, Michigan, near the campus of Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant Community Church (MPCC) is a vibrant presence in the community through outreach and volunteerism. Like MPCC, Mt. Pleasant appeals to those in all walks of life,
interweaving big-city conveniences (a large university, world-class entertainment, and a growing business district) with small-town values and traditions. Mt. Pleasant also offers safe parks, a children’s museum, and exceptional schools.
Attendance for Sunday Worship averages over 1,000 and our youth program includes Junior and Senior high students from several communities reaching a 25 mile radius.
The Director provides leadership and direction for junior and senior high ministry as well as weekly programming that includes corporate worship and small groups that emphasize the importance of creating growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
Job Responsibilites Include:
- Develop and/or research and implement appropriate curriculum and teaching series for youth ministry.
- Provide the majority of the weekly teaching for the ministry.
- Organize and lead strategic retreats, mission trips, and other large events, as appropriate.
- Recruit, equip and empower a community of studentLife voluteers by incorporating healthy aspects of small group life and leadership development.
- Design and provide creative communications and promotions for studentLife ministry and events.
- Oversee balanced budget for studentLife.
- Engaging teacher with a strong biblical and theological background.
- Self motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry.
- Strong relational skills with the ability to communicate and relate to students, parents and staff.
- History of serving in leadership role in ministry for medium to large church settings.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.