River Valley Church in Mishawaka, Indiana is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Lead Pastor.
- We are looking for a Lead Pastor who can shepherd a congregation into the following vision/mission/values statements.
- Over the past several years, God has led us through some challenging, yet hopeful, growth/pruning phases. Through that process we have discerned these statements as non-negotiable commitments for our shared life together for the sake of the world.
- Please read these statements (and explanatory details) carefully and feel free to inquire more about how we envision these commitments giving life to our life together in the future.
Vision: A people following Jesus in making everything new.
Mission: To invite and equip a people to know and live like Jesus.
1. We are seeking God’s Kingdom (Matthew 6:33, Luke 4:18-20)
Created in God’s image, we seek to live in a way that proclaims and demonstrates that Jesus is King. We want to orient our everyday lives around the things Jesus cares about most… being conduits of beauty, justice, and wholeness in our broken and hurting
2. We are Spirit filled followers (John 14:16-17, Galatians 5:16-25)
On our own, we are unable to live the life Jesus makes possible. We rely on the Holy Spirit to fill and empower us to live naturally supernatural lives. The more we cooperate with the Spirit, the more the Spirit’s fruit becomes evident in our lives and
we get in on what the Father is doing.
3. We are connected and known (Genesis 1:26-27, Acts 2:42-47)
Created in God’s image, deep relationship is our natural habitat. We flourish when we do life together…loving and being loved, knowing and being known, serving and being served, and celebrating and being celebrated.
4. We are “with” people (John 1:14, Acts 1:8)
Just as Jesus moved into our neighborhood “with” us that we might be “with” the Father, we want to be “with” Him in the world for the sake of the world He loves so much as His hands and feet… His agents of mercy and grace. Our desire is that by humbly being
“with” our community, they too can discover life “with” Jesus.
5. We are in process (Philippians 3:13-15, Romans 12:1-2)
It’s okay to not be okay… but it’s not okay to stay that way. We’re all at different places on life’s journey, yet we expect everyone to grow and change for the better. This requires we set aside our masks, let down our guard, and are honest about our messes.
God will only meet us where we actually are. But when He does, He transforms us!
- Full acceptance without reservation of the River Valley Statement of Faith
- Alignment with Vision/Mission/Value statements
- 5+ years of advanced ministry leadership experience
- MDIV (or equivalent) from an accredited seminary or graduate school
- Recognized ability to develop high functioning/healthy teams of leaders (staff and volunteer)
- Well versed in missional theology with the ability to articulate ministry vision that demonstrates a value for people over programs and can integrate discipleship (IN) and mission (OUT) within the established framework of commitments.
- Shepherd/Teacher in Five-Fold gift assessment (fivefoldsurvey.com)
- Compassionate pastoral focus that frames ministry approach and values
- Engaged, transparent and contextual communicator of God’s Word in various settings from large group preaching to smaller classroom/home group settings
- Demonstrated track record of leadership development and disciple making within a congregation
- Significant experience with collaborative leadership alongside an engaged/healthy Elder Board
- Experience with similar size congregation and staff teams
Interested candidates should direct all questions and/or submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 30, 2016.