Youth Pastor Job Description
First Mennonite Church Berne, Indiana
Purpose: To minister to the needs of teens and young adults, establish relationships that will lead them to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, have an understanding of where they are spiritually, and help them develop disciplines
that will result in spiritual growth.
- A person who models the Christian life. Develop and maintain a healthy growing relationship with Jesus Christ, being and example to the church in character and calling.
- Self motivated leader, capable of casting, imparting, and walking out vision for the youth ministry.
- A call to youth ministry from God. One who feels a sense of personal calling and has gifting in the area of youth ministry.
- Training or experience in youth ministry and a desire for further growth and training.
- Commitment to teamwork with staff and volunteers to further the mission of the church and to accept additional responsibilities as needed*.
- A belief that the scriptures are the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the youth program (grades 6 through 12) in cooperation with the youth leaders.
- Assist in the coordinating the young adult/college age ministry.
- Be the primary preacher/teacher for the youth ministry.
- Oversee and coordinate the Sunday School and small group youth ministry.
- Pray for and provide pastoral care for the youth and parents (where issues of youth are involved).
- Attend and participate in youth activities.
- Work with area youth pastors and youth leaders for the good of the youth in the community.
- Provide monthly reports and schedules to youth leaders and disciple commission.
- Faithfully attend church services and church wide activities.
- Attend extracurricular activities in support of youth (IE: sports, music, dramas...)
- Attend pastoral staff meetings and lead youth leader meetings.
* Additional Responsibilities
- Assist in worship services as needed.
- Serve as requested for weddings, funerals, and other special services.
- Fill the pulpit as needed
Please contact Jeff Linthicum at: email@example.com