Wheaton Bible Church is looking to hire a video specialist who will be responsible for designing, shooting, and editing video, animation, and graphics that communicate in creative and impactful ways. This person will explore and research new visual styles
and technologies to create and produce engaging visual content that glorifies God and helps engage people in our mission to love God, grow together, and reach the world.
The Video/Media Producer will possess the technical skills to create outstanding videos in a diversity of styles. This person will be able to engage with others to accomplish department objectives, along with maintaining excellent creative output. Working
within a collaborative team of communication specialists, this individual will create in-service video content such as announcements, countdowns, bumpers, sermon illustrations, motion backgrounds, and song support, in addition to extra-service promos, web
shorts, tutorials, commercials, and other creative media according to ministry-specific needs.
This individual will create videos that vision-cast for major outreach initiatives, or inspire by sharing stories of life transformation within a three-congregation, multi-site environment.
Video Area Oversight
- Provide leadership to video ministry by staying current with trends and improving the use of media.
- Contribute to meetings with Communication team, worship team leaders, ministries, and leaders of all-church events.
- Create/Manage project requests, schedules, and approval process and deadlines for video production.
- Provide creative input, and collaborate with Manager/Graphic Design for visual consistency across media.
- Produce in-house videos from start to finish, including videos supporting all-church needs, sermon series, and promotional events.
- Update/upload videos needed for Sunday and special worship services and events.
- Work with the web specialist to provide video embedding links.
- Supervise volunteers, part-time employees, and independent contractors in creating videos.
- Produce promotions, event review videos, and testimonials as needed. This may include creating/obtaining videos for use on social media.
- Create video bumps, background slides for worship songs, announcements, sermon outlines, and Scripture.
- Provide lighting, video direction, and technical direction for video projects.
- Manage technical video assets and equipment, including equipment use by others.
- Work with Communication Director on technical needs and equipment purchases, keeping paperwork for budget, warranty, and maintenance issues.
- Perform additional duties, as added, according to the gifts, passions, and talents of the employee.
- Work to build and maintain highly functioning volunteers within video ministry.
- Develop systems to ensure all volunteers are equipped and empowered for service.
- Mentor and shepherd staff and lay leaders who participate in video ministry.
- Build rapport with team members to influence growth and creativity.
- Committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith. (1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9)
- If married, love your spouse in obedience to God’s Word. If you have children, disciple your children to know God and love Him.
- Bachelor’s degree in video, media, graphic design, or related study, or the equivalent of 5+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency and significant experience in non-linear editing software, experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, and produce projects from start to finish in a highly time-sensitive environment, on time, and within budget.
- Hands-on experience in video capture, editing, and post-production.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of video equipment, including lighting, teleprompter, and after-effects.
- Experience in project management, graphic/web design, or new media a plus.
- Detail-oriented and able to create and manage existing scheduling systems.
- Experience in recruiting, developing, and deploying contractors and volunteer teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility in scheduled work hours based upon special events and services.
- Ability to fulfill the physical and mental requirements of the position, and work within the necessary work environments.
- Active member in the life of Wheaton Bible Church.
Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume, cover letter, and brief description of your faith journey to: firstname.lastname@example.org.