New England Bible Church (NEBC) of Andover, Massachusetts is seeking a man to serve as the Associate Pastor of Youth & Families.
Ideally this position would be filled by June, 2016.
Job description for the position of Associate Pastor of Youth & Families at NEBC:
- Pastor a comprehensive Student Ministry program that spiritually develops and challenges youth, provides education and resources to parents, and integrates young people into the church body
- Provide discipleship, accountability, and counseling for youth and their families
- Teach weekly Sunday School and Youth Group lessons
- Plan a yearly calendar of retreats, events, and service opportunities
- Lead a group of adult Student Ministry volunteers
- Be responsible for the Children’s Ministry; including children’s Sunday School, children’s church, Awana, Vacation Bible School, and nursery; and supervise a team of Children’s Ministry leaders who oversee these programs
- Work alongside a church staff and elder board
- Provide other ministerial duties as necessary and according to gifting
A qualified candidate will:
- Fulfill the requirements of a church leader in passages such as 1st Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Lead a mature and God-honoring lifestyle that will serve as an example to the students and the church at large
- Be in agreement with the NEBC Statement of Faith
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a field related to ministry
- Possess at least three years of experience in a vocational or volunteer position where youth were a main focus of the ministry
- Have strong teaching, communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Relate to a diversity of economic, racial, and social backgrounds
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEBC is a nondenominational Bible church in Andover, Massachusetts. Located 25 miles north of Boston, the church’s primary ministry is in an area of Massachusetts and New Hampshire referred to as the Merrimack Valley. NEBC has a growing congregation of over
250 people. There is a vibrant group of children and teens, with over 75 young people involved in weekly activities. The Sunday morning service is comprised of exegetical Bible preaching and a mix of contemporary and traditional music. Additionally, NEBC offers
small groups, children’s ministries such as VBS and Awana, youth programs, men’s and women’s activities, and international missions trips. NEBC’s mission is “Teaching people to know and follow Jesus.”