Summary: Implement the goals and objectives approved by the Senior Pastor ensuring that the church’s vision and mission are integrated through the entire Administration Ministry by performing the following duties personally or through others:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide ministerial support to the senior pastor.
- Ensure that Accounting, Building Operations, Information Technology, Security, Stewardship and Membership Services are operating in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Establish current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies, subject to approval by the Senior Pastor.
- Dispense advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans, standards and procedures, consistent with established policies and Board approval.
- Review operating results of the ministry, compare them to established objectives, and take steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Meet with other ministry heads to ensure that operations are being executed in accordance with the ministry's policies.
- Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor and/or designee to clarify vision, goals, and strategy and assist the Senior Pastor in daily operations of church.
- Oversee the adequacy and soundness of the ministry's financial structure.
- Ensure timely presentation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Develop and direct financial and accounting procedures to ensure accurate and efficient functions.
- Direct, support and coordinate the administrative functions of the ministry including building maintenance, renovations and construction, grounds maintenance, provision of utilities, church vehicles, purchasing, paying and collecting accounts, data processing, cash collection and control, regulatory compliance, administrative computer systems development and maintenance, on-campus mail services, print services, cleaning services, parking services, and on-campus space utilization and planning.
- Ensure the effectiveness of Arena is being measured and reported.
- Assess own strengths and weaknesses and pursue training and development opportunities in order to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Encourage and promote staff development and training and evaluate and provide opportunities for staff to grow in their selected field as well as all other areas of their lives.
- Integrate biblical principles with organizational management.
- Provide spiritual guidance to staff and volunteers on a regular basis.
- Provide spiritual leadership and policy management as a member of the Elder Board.
- Assist in conducting wedding and funeral services.
- Prepare and deliver sermons, seminars, workshops and devotions as required.
- Visit the sick and shut-in, help the poor, counsel those in spiritual need, and comfort the bereaved.
- Complete Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship’s leadership requirements as established by the ministry.
Directly manage staff who supervise employees and/or volunteer in the various departments of Administration. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting, Business Administration, Church Administration and Finance; three to five years’ related experience and/or training. Masters Degree desired. Must be an ordained, licensed minister who can validate his call to the ministry. Must have prior experience in finance and administration. Must have at least three years experience in nonprofit management at the executive level or equivalent experience in a related field. Must have knowledge of Accounting, Business, Security, Commercial Insurance, Construction Management, Facility Management, Finance, Nonprofit Corporation Law, Risk Management, Tax & Church Law.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorNew Life Church of Central Michigan
- MT. PLEASANT, Michigan
- September 23
Executive PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
Co-Director/Co-Pastor of Youth Ministries (Jr High/High School)New Venture Christian Fellowship
- Oceanside, California
- September 21
Director of Family and Youth MinistryFirst Congregational Church of Redlands CA
- Redlands, California
- September 20