Mid Valley Community Church
High School Pastor Job Description
Mid Valley Community Church is a non-denominational ministry located in Woodburn, Oregon. There are approximately 500-700 people in attendance. Three different ethnic backgrounds are represented: primarily Anglo, as well as Latino and Russian.
Because we are a non-denominational church, we have people from a variety of denominational backgrounds and we value the diversity of age, culture and demographics. We enjoy being a multi-generational ministry, where young and old appreciate each other and
worship together. Our worship style is a blend of contemporary and updated hymns/choruses.
We are striving to become a simple church, highly attentive to the clear commands of our Lord Jesus Christ. Visitors say they find our hospitality attractive. Our mission is to build up healthy Christians and churches.
We have an 11-acre campus in the heart of Woodburn as well as a church plant in Leon, Nicaragua. We are currently in process of building a Community Center/Gym behind our church that we anticipate will bring a boost to our ministry as well as our youth
For more on who we are, please visit our website at midvalleycc.org.
We are looking for a full time High School Pastor who has a solid reputation as a man of God with high integrity. We would prefer someone who holds at least a Bachelors degree with a major in Bible. A Masters in Christian Education, or a Master of Divinity
would be a valuable addition.
We are seeking a pastor who will lead the high school ministry in a highly relational way. We pray that transforming relationships be built through weekly gatherings, mission trips, summer camps, and various serving opportunities. We are looking for someone
who has a heart for outreach and discipleship as they seek to share the heart and person of Christ with the students. As momentum is established, there will be opportunities to preach on Sunday mornings as well as gain college leadership and adult ministry
We know that pastors are not perfect, but we expect pastoral staff to live out a high standard of biblical character. This is a person who is not only involved with shaping the beliefs, ideals, theology, and practice of the next generation, but also a person
on our leadership team who will speak into and help shape the culture of our overall church. The High School Pastor will lead the way in exemplifying the kind of character that can only flow from a Spirit-empowered relationship with Jesus.
Below are areas that we feel are key to the role of High School Pastor:
- Collaboration - They must be a team player. This person will be intricately involved on our staff team. The High School Ministry is central and integral to us accomplishing our mission for the Kingdom. The desire and ability to partner with various other
staff is crucial.
- Connection - They should be able to form deep, strong, significant connections with students and understand their culture. In some ways, they must see themselves as a missionary to youth culture who helps train other missionaries (adult leaders) and empower
the locals (students) for missionary work. Through their role they should be able to challenge High School students into adulthood while growing them into a deeper relationship with Christ.
- Charisma - This person should have catalytic energy in their relationship with Christ and in their own authentic way, be able to share that contagious energy with the group.
- Communication - The High School Pastor must be able to effectively communicate to both High School students and parents, as well as High School volunteer staff, larger pastoral teams and the congregation as a whole. This person should be able to teach
in ways that are biblically robust and faithful as well as culturally and developmentally interesting.
- College/Young Adult - One area of potential growth at MVCC is our college/young adult aged members. We are looking for someone who is excited to join us in leadership and development of this area.
If you love being a part of a team and joining arms with people who will listen to, encourage, challenge, and partner with you to accomplish a shared vision, then we’d love to talk to you more about this position.
The High School Pastor salary would be dependent upon several factors, but would be in the $35,000-$50,000 range.