Thornapple Valley Church is church for un-churched people. We have a passion to serve people far from God and all are welcome. TVC was founded 36 years ago with current attendance at 1300 and several thousand people calling it home. The broadcast campus
is located in rural Hastings, MI. with a second campus in Middleville. We just launched our third campus this month with our eye on a fourth in the coming years. Hastings is located just 30 minutes southeast of Grand Rapids and less than an hour from Lake
We are looking for qualified, teachable candidates that would be willing to serve as Campus Pastor for our Middleville campus. This is a full time position with starting salary based on experience. If you would like to
be a part of a fun staff that loves to work hard, please send us a resume. We are looking for LEADERS who can recruit, train and develop other leaders to grow the church and willing to be a team player.
One of the primary roles of a campus pastor is to imbed the DNA of Thornapple Valley Church into your campus. Our culture is critical. Applicant must be a good communicator and public speaking experience is required as they will be a part
of the teaching team, preaching 1-5 times a year.
Below you will find a basic job description of the role and what it entails.
Title: Campus Pastor
Directs to: Executive Pastor
Directs: Campus Staff
The TVC Campus Pastor position is a full time position. The primary focus of this position is to provide leadership to the campus and make sure that the campus is living out the DNA of Thornapple Valley Church. This position needs to have the capability
to be organized and get tasks done in a timely manner. The position needs to be able to take direction from the executive pastor and follow the vision of Thornapple Valley Church. Depending on the location of the campus each campus pastor’s roles will be different.
A startup campus meeting in a school will look different than a campus that has it’s own building and has been in existence. Each campus pastor must learn to adapt based on the campus they are leading.
- Must fully support the mission and passion of Thornapple Valley Church.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills, and the ability to build teams.
- Must be organized and able to communicate well with others.
- Must be able to lead from the 2nd chair. (not being the lead pastor)
- Must be visionary and have a genuine love for people.
- Must be a good public communicator.
- Must have completed the full application requirements for Kids & Youth.
- Must have experience with teaching to adults.
- Build relationships with the people who attend your campus
- Lead the weekend services (includes baptism/communion ect)
- Lead the paid staff at your campus along with developing them
- Work with Central Support to develop and maintain lifegroups
- Work with Central Support to develop and maintain outreach
- Implement the DNA of TVC into your campus in all areas
- Follow the IPODS of multi-site and make sure those are happening at your campus
- Create and maintain the campus budget
- Work with the Director of Communications on a weekly basis about things happening at your campus and how to get that information out church wide
- Recruit somebody to own the office area at your campus. This would include stocking items needed and keeping an eye on anything that needs to be cleaned up in the office area
- Communicate weekly with the information center on things they will need to know
- Be the primary communicator between your campus and Hastings campus
- Oversee the grounds of your campus if needed along with inside building (cleaning & maintenance)
- Oversee the big events for your campus (Celebration/Christmas/Easter)
If interested in applying for the job please submit a resume to email@example.com. Also fill out the "application form" which can be found here http://tvcweb.com/employment-opportunities/