Job Description: Kids Ministries Director
Department: Kids Ministries
Location: High Point Church, Madison, WI
Job Title: Kids Ministries Director (Birth - Grade 5)
Reports to: Executive Pastor
PURPOSE: The Kids Ministries Director is responsible to work with parents and congregation for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related
to Kids Ministry at High Point Church.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
· Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
· Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
· Ability to fully embrace the mission, vision, values, and statement of faith at High Point Church.
· Good understanding of Christian theology
· Strong listening and oral communication skills
· Reliable, trustworthy, self starter, and excellent at following through on details.
· Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
· Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
· Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
· Good at negotiating disagreement and adaptable in responding to setbacks and obstacles
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Develop and implement a mindset that the family has first responsibility for the spiritual education of their child with the church in a supportive and equipping role.
· To provide leadership for the Kids Ministries (KM) department
· Helps to develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries.
· Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for the department.
· Trains KM part-time assistant and volunteers
· Provides spiritual care and encouragement for children, parents and volunteers
· Responsible for KM administration, budget, curriculum and operations.
· Develops communication strategy and implication.
· Responsible for all staffing and training for KM Team.
· Develop and implement all safety and security processes for KM in cooperation with the church’s safety and security team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree Required, Masters Degree Preferred
· Minimum of 2 years commensurate experience
· Reports to Executive Pastor
· Supervises part-time Kids Ministry staff
· Works alongside all other HPC ministry staff
About High Point Church
High Point Church is a congregationally governed, elder led, independent evangelical protestant church in the Baptist tradition and leans toward reformed theology and emphasizes Gospel-centeredness. We seek to be seeker intelligible, but focus on
spiritual growth and utilize expositional preaching about 85% of the time. HPC has a strong global missions ministry focusing on university missions and unreached peoples in 'inaccessible' nations. It is a down to earth, but exciting place to be with all generations
healthily represented. You can learn more about the church at
About Madison, Wisconsin
Interested candidates should do research on the city of Madison before applying. Madison is a very specific kind of town- a state capital, university center, politically volatile, deeply secular, yet with a strong Christian minority. It is
a highly educated city that is fiercely proud, highly unionized and yet embraces its rural farming, state-wide identity. It is quintessentially Midwestern in culture. It is Liberal, but in a very different way than in other parts of the country. Make sure
you are willing to love this city, not just this church.