The role of the Pastor of Connections (PC) is to oversee the connection and spiritual growth strategy of Laurel Ridge Church (LRCC). This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of LRCC and the ability to align staff and key leadership
teams with its mission and values. The PC will lead guests to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth by meeting people where they are and leading them to next steps. The PC will facilitate relational connection and spiritual
growth of adults through weekend guest services, groups, volunteer teams, and assimilation of new members.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Recruit, equip, and train Community Group Hosts/Leaders (leading training events, group meetings, and communicating regularly with Group Hosts/Leaders).
- Articulate, champion and share the church’s vision for Community Groups – that every person attending Laurel Ridge is connected with a Community Group.
- Advocate and be a catalyst for the culture of Laurel Ridge to become a church
of Community Groups, not just a church
with Community Groups.
- Foster an active, strong growth and recruiting network of Group Coaches, Hosts/Leaders, and Group Members.
- Create and implement a strategy to generate excitement and enthusiasm for Group participation, and lead the church to launch three Community Group quarters each calendar year (Fall, Winter, Spring).
- Develop and maintain a coaching and leadership structure to support, develop and care for Group Hosts/Leaders.
- Assist Community Group Hosts/Leaders to find excellent curricula and resources to use with their groups.
- Follow-up with, encourage and assist those wanting to take the next steps of getting more involved and connected with the ministry of Laurel Ridge.
- Manage and teach the church’s series of discipleship classes to promote the ongoing growth and maturity of each believer at Laurel Ridge. These classes include
CONNECT (membership, baptism and first steps of faith),
GROW (discipleship, how to study the Bible and prayer), SERVE (ministry and service in the church),
GIVE (finances, stewardship, and giving), GO (mission, service and outreach outside the church locally and globally).
- Assist people in finding their spiritual gift and place of service.
- Oversee training and recruiting for LRCC first Impressions and guest services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Meet Biblical qualifications for a pastor in 1 Tim, and Titus.
- Personal experience leading small groups.
- An ability to think Biblically, including agreement with LRCC’s statement of faith.
- Experience building and managing volunteer team.
- A shepherd’s heart with an ability to care for others, with strengths in diplomacy, conflict resolution, and coaching.
- Detail oriented and strong verbal and written skills.
- Not afraid to work hard and is self-motivated.
- Be a team player able to work with the other pastors on staff.
We are a growing SBC church in a growing suburb in the San Francisco Bay Area. We relocated approximately eight years ago into a new facility.
We are a congregation of 600+ on Sunday morning and have around 26 community groups.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org