- DEFINITION and PURPOSE
The overarching purpose is to help develop and support a culture of discipleship among the 6th-12th Grade community of Journey Church. The Pastor for student ministries will identify, recruit and equip a team of leaders who will disciple
teenagers and parents. This will be done in collaboration with the Executive Pastor and Student Ministries Designer to implement relational discipleship with the Students and families of Journey.
II. MINISTRY QUALIFICATIONS
- Give testimony and life witness of … (1) being a committed believer in Jesus Christ, (2) spiritual gifts relevant to leadership of this ministry, and (3) prior ministry experience with building an effective equipping community
- Have an adequate biblical education, preferably at the college and graduate school level, ministry experience that is appropriate to these responsibilities, and a continuous desire to be learning in order to become a more effective leader.
3. Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to teach effectively and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
4. Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life (if applicable).
5. Be committed to teamwork within the structure of the church.
6. Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of Journey Church.
UNIQUE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
A. Will need to be able to identify and equip leaders for ministry.
B. Will need to be able to manage a team which includes both lay staff and paid staff.
C. Will be able to work on a team
D. Will need good interpersonal communication skills.
E Will have a passion for relational teen ministry.
III. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Building a church-wide culture of discipleship for our Teens and families that helps produces a community of disciples who are passionate about investing their time and gifts in the teens of Journey Church and surrounding communities.
Passionate about a church culture that disciples and sends Teenagers to be ministers.
50% - Coaching and Identifying Leaders for Youth Ministry
. Discover, develop and invest in leaders.
-Have a process that incorporates and trains adults to disciple teens
-Disciple the people involved in the Ministry
- Evaluate all areas of Youth ministry
- Develop a youth leadership community that will nurture new leaders and sharpen existing leaders.
10% Innovative implementation
-Create an environment that promotes and expects change
-Look for new ways (keep in touch with trends)
15% - Oversee a Staff of Leaders (including in some form):
? Student Designer
? Lay leaders
? Admin Assistant
10% - Being on the Team
? Member of the Family Ministry team bridging ministry between Children and Teens and Adults
? A member of the leadership team helping set vision for the church
10% Other Pastoral Duties as called upon:
-Weddings and funerals
- Relational ministry: on-call, hospital visitation, e-mail, letters, articles and in-person availability to the
body and community
-Participation in worship services as needed
IV. KEY RESULTS
- An effective team of leaders (lay and paid) that are leading and participating in the Student discipleship ministries.
- Relational and structural collaboration is the normal operating procedure.
- Effective member of the family ministry team.
- Discipleship is happening with the lay staff, Youth and parents.
- Teens are connecting to discipleship/mentoring relationships
-Testimonies of connectedness, growing and serving
- Mentors are growing and connecting to families
- People are ministering beyond Sundays.
- It is obvious to all who visit us, attend regularly and read our materials –
Discipling Teenagers is important to us!
Team Leader/Oversight: Student ministry staff
Member of Family ministries