We are seeking candidates for the Minister of Administration position. We are looking for someone to partner with our Lead Pastor in the implementation of Bailey Christian Church's vision and spiritual direction, allowing the Lead Pastor to continue leading the vision of Bailey Christian Church and teaching and preaching God’s Word.
Bailey Christian Church is set in a rural context in West Michigan’s orchard/fruit ridge area. Though we are located in a small town, we are a church that has had a vision well-beyond the size of our town. We average over 400 in two services, with over 60% of our attendance involved in small groups. One of our primary goals has been to reach young families with kids, so we have a strong emphasis on youth and family ministry. We also have a thriving Upward basketball ministry that includes 300+ young people from k-6thgrade. Our heart has been to have an impact on our community and world for Christ so that it could truly be said, “This place is better because BCC is here!”
Our long-range goal is to see a church planting movement started in West Michigan that targets other small towns nearby and extends both north to Traverse City and south to Grand Rapids (the M-37 corridor). We believe God wants to do big things in small towns (and big cities, too!), and we are passionate about seeing thriving communities of Christ planted all around this region.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Church administration:
o Partner with the Lead Pastor and Elders in providing strategic leadership in all areas of ministry, church operations, and developing and tracking overarching church goals and aligning of mission/vision and ministries.
o Partner with the ministry staff to facilitate the overall work of the ministry to be more effective and efficient in fulfilling our mission.
o Oversight of facilities and human resources for the BCC staff and church family, including maintaining up-to-date church policy and procedures, insurance, banking, financial budgeting and reporting (including mission team financial reporting and transitional housing [a newly developing ministry]), oversight of custodial and office staff, and assisting the Lead Pastor with oversight and growth of ministry staff.
- Small Groups Oversight:
o Oversight of BCC’s small group ministry (aka, Care Groups); helping Ministry Team Leaders in recruiting, training and overseeing small group leaders to make sure the BCC family is effectively being shepherded in a small group setting.
- Volunteer Oversight:
o Lead the BCC Ministry Team Leaders toward the church’s vision of growing people in Christ; provide training and oversight at Ministry Team Meetings.
o Develop a strategic plan for volunteer roles and management and recruiting of volunteers that allows Bailey Christian Church to find, seek and align people into ministries that fit their interests, spiritual gifts and talents.
- A life that is marked by evidence of the fruit of the Spirit and a proven track record of spiritual maturity and leadership in day-to-day life and work.
- A demonstrated character of integrity, credibility, and sound ethics.
- An ability to own and champion the mission and values of Bailey Christian Church.
- A servant’s heart and a willingness to come alongside of others to help facilitate further ministry.
- Gifted in administrative and organizational leadership.
- Experience working with a variety of diverse groups of people. Experience leading a team of volunteers.
- A good knowledge of and experience in leadership development.
- A working knowledge of both large and small budget/financial management.
- An ability to help manage a staff and cultivating an environment for staff growth/development in their roles.
- Demonstrated self-discipline, self-motivation, and results-oriented contribution. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Skilled in both verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Highly adaptable and resilient, with the ability to navigate well through change.
- Pragmatic problem solver who is energized by challenges and the ability to identify untapped opportunities.
- Not required, but preferred: Experience with technology and able to solve, implement, and maintain website and social media sites.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience preferred in staff/volunteer management
- Financial budgeting and reporting experience
- Human Resources experience preferred
- Proven experience successfully creating, planning and implementing new programs
- Detailed oriented and able to meet deadlines within scheduled dates
- Able to handle multiple projects, programs and tasks efficiently
Please, send cover letter and resume to Daren Penwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Associate Pastor of MinistriesBethel EC Church
- Dixon, Illinois
- October 24
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19