Is the Lord calling you to student evangelism and family discipleship on the North Shore? Bring your enthusiasm for highly relational youth ministry to Winnetka Bible Church, a growing evangelical congregation with an exciting team approach to ministry!
- Provides Gospel-centered, Word-saturated direction and leadership to all ministries to youth in grades 6-12
- Shepherds and equips the youth of the church, and engages unchurched students with the Gospel
- Recruits, trains, and oversees teams of volunteers and student leaders
- Takes a “parents-in” approach to student ministry, collaborating with WBC parents for leadership of the Youth Group
- Creates an exciting, welcoming program that encourages inclusion and the building up of the Body of Christ
- Strives in prayer for the students of WBC and their unsaved peers
- Works closely with, and reports to, the Associate Pastor of Family Life in the discipleship of parents, ministry development, prayer, and in logistical and administrative tasks
- Plans and oversees student Missions Trips in the US and abroad, as well as other projects
What you bring to the Winnetka Bible Church team:
- Loves the LORD and His Word; is Gospel-centered and theologically-aware in ministry
- Fulfills the requirements of Eldership (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, Acts 20:28-35)
- Extroverted, has the gift of the evangelist; is a capable, biblical teacher
- Loves to be with students, is highly committed to their discipleship
- Displays wisdom and integrity, is teachable, dreams big, plans for long-term ministry
- 2-5 years experience in full-time student ministry, preferably in a suburban context
- Committed to family discipleship, is aware of current family ministry models. Seeks inter-generational and inter-ministry answers to student discipleship questions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, Master’s Degree preferred
- Fully-aligned with the WBC Statement of Faith and the WBC vision for ministry
Why is this role for you? This is an exciting, people-oriented ministry role focused on Gospel ministry among students in partnership with parents. You will sow the Word and water it in service to the Lord, participating in the building
up of Christ’s Church in reliance upon His Spirit. The Student Ministry at Winnetka Bible Church has a heritage of Christ-centered evangelism and discipleship in one of the most desirable communities in the United States. We are seeking a full-time Youth Director
who is called to shepherd students and parents, equip students for ministry and evangelism in their social contexts, and serve closely with a team of pastors and ministry leaders who are serious about whole family discipleship. This is a position that will
challenge and stretch the right candidate, but you will serve alongside leaders committed to your growth in the Lord.
What is Winnetka like? Winnetka, Illinois is a beautiful suburban township right on the shore of Lake Michigan in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. This is a wonderful place to raise children – Winnetka and the surrounding suburbs host some
of the best public schools in the nation, including New Trier High School. Life on the North Shore puts you within minutes from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Moody Bible Institute, and Northwestern University. The village’s Wikipedia page calls Winnetka
“one of the most exclusive and wealthy suburbs in the nation.” Ministry in Winnetka will challenge you, too – the right candidate will be persistent and driven in his commitment to the Great Commission in Winnetka.
Winnetka Bible Church, founded in 1904, is an independent Bible church committed to preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ at home and through local and foreign missions. We are congregationally-governed and elder-led. The WBC campus includes
a well-appointed gym and plenty of youth group space. Our ministries are organized into four Teams: The Worship Team, Mission Team, Community Team, and the Family Team. All discipleship ministries, including the Youth Ministry, make up the Family Team, under
the oversight of the Family Team Leader and the Associate Pastor of Family Life.
To apply, please send your resume and a recorded sample of your preaching or teaching to Associate Pastor Aaron Adams at email@example.com.