Sycamore Creek Church is currently seeking a Student Pastor. Sycamore Creek is a vibrant, growing church in the Columbus, Ohio suburb of Pickerington. Please find out more about us at www.sycamorecreek.org.
Student Ministry Responsibilities
- Identify, invite, train, and empower leaders to be a part of the Student Ministry.
- Serve as the primary student leader and communicator for the church.
- During the week invest in the lives of students building relationships with them in the most effective way possible.
- Direct and oversee Cross Current (our weekly program for all 7th-12th grade students), including sound, lights and video through volunteers.
- Oversee student Small Groups for Junior High (7th-8th) and High School students.
- Oversee Sunday morning classes for Middle School (5th&6th) students.
- Meet with key volunteers on a monthly basis to evaluate Cross Current and Student Small Groups.
- Develop a presence in the life of students on the local school campuses
- Schedule regular creative brainstorming meetings to gather input and ideas from various individuals (students and volunteers) about upcoming services and events.
- Communicate and network with other student pastors, as well as watch other student services to gain insight and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of Cross Current.
Talents & Traits Required
- Outgoing, servant-hearted, people person
- Relational leader with experience growing a student ministry
- Ability to research, prepare and teach relevant lessons for students
- Ability to recruit, lead and equip adult volunteers
- Strong organizational, administrative and computer skills
Other Administrative Responsibilities
- Daily correspondence of emails and voicemails
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks as needed
Other Ministry Expectations
- Lead or participate in a small group within the church.
- Participate in staff meetings, creative meetings, and leadership retreats to provide evaluation and feedback.
- Participate in all church wide events or activities
- Fulfill other leadership responsibilities as determined by the Lead or Associate Pastor
- Spousal support and involvement in the church is expected
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income to the vision of Sycamore Creek Church
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Sycamore Creek Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Sycamore Creek Church
Other Job Information
- This position is hired by the Lead Pastor and reports to the Lead & Associate Pastor
- Job demands 40+ hours per week (Offices are closed on Friday and Saturdays)
- Education required is a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Salary Range is negotiable based on experience and education
- Interested applicants should send a PDF version of their resume as well as a recent photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not call the church office with questions at this time.
- Our goal is to fill this position during the summer of 2016.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministries DirectorChrist Church of Orlando
- Orlando, Florida
- September 30
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
English-Youth PastorMIchiana Chinese Christian Church
- Mishawaka, Indiana
- September 28