Job Description and Responsibilities
- Committed Christ-follower
- Love for youth and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Oversee all programming and ministry for youth, 6th grade – 12th grade
- Choose and prepare curriculum for youth small groups.
- Create environments, activities and programming for youth that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new youth and families.
- Plan and oversee special events related to youth at Church Venture.
- Cultivate authentic relationships with all families at Church Venture.
- Effectively communicate with Church Venture staff, volunteers and families on a regular basis in a clear, concise manner.
- Help parents / adults pass along their faith to their youth
Church Venture Competencies & Expectations:
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Church Venture.
- Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for all youth Ministry environments (6th grade-12th grade).
- Provide leadership, direction and training for all Youth Ministry Staff.
- Create environments, activities and programming for youth that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth (6th grade – 12th grade).
- Meets regularly with the Reporting Pastor/Staff to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to youth and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with Church Venture Youth Ministry.
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, others).
Position Summary & Mission:
The Youth Director is responsible to oversee the youth ministry (6Th to 12th grade) to ensure an exciting and effective program in line with Church Venture’s overall ministry plan. The candidate will help youth and their families grow
deeper in their faith in Christ and have a great time in the process. The director will recruit and train leaders who will touch youth lives with God’s love.