Evangelical Covenant Church
We are looking for someone to lead us into God’s holy presence
through worship and song.
Title of Position: Worship Director
Purpose of Position: To cultivate, train and lead a culture of worship through music, song and prayer during our worship services.
Who does this position report to: Develop a healthy working relationship with the Lead Pastor
Who does this position work closely with: Develop a healthy worship ministry team
Responsible for: Creating and directing God-honoring quality worship through music, song, and visual & performing arts
1) Develop, Coordinate, and Direct a Quality Worship Ministry, in the following areas:
- Work with the vision and direction of the Lead Pastor.
- Create, organize and lead the Weekend Service(s), including special worship services.
- Lead the congregation into the presence of The Lord through congregational worship.
- Coordinate worship team members to grow a God-honoring worship ministry.
- Integrate multi-generational elements of worship for all children and youth included in the General Worship Service(s).
- Oversee the digital venue of worship with the assistance of the church administrator and the Audio-Visual Teams.
- Implement propresentor slides for graphics and words to songs for worship.
- Oversee quality of sound and media equipment in the sanctuary.
The worship director plays a major role in the leadership of the church, particularly in leading the congregation into the presence of our Lord through the worship venue. Therefore, we seek a person who loves God with all his or her
“heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:23).” We also seek an individual who has a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith, and stands in agreement with the Evangelical Covenant Denomination.
This person must also demonstrate the spiritual gifts of engaging the congregation to participate in worship. We seek a person who is creative, energetic, generates new ideas, follows through on plans, evaluates goals reached, and contributes to the team.
We are looking for someone who has a healthy respect for the leadership of the Lead Pastor, as well as the leading of the Church Elders and Council. We seek a leader and shepherd who will work within the church’s ministry model, mission and vision.
In addition to these general qualifications, we seek a leader who demonstrates the following:
- Personal testimony of salvation
- Committed to a passionate relationship with Christ Jesus with a consistent prayer life, individual and corporate worship, healthy accountability and regular Bible study
- Passionate worshiper of God and able to lead others into worship
- Believes and supports God’s call of women into ordination and leadership
- Committed to personal holiness and integrity
- Maintains a Christian home
- Passes state and federal background and fingerprinting requirements to work with children and youth
- Not given to excessive alcohol use, drug-free- including Marijuana (1 Tim. 3:8-9)
- Maintains Biblical priorities, keeping in mind the primacy of his or her marriage and family responsibilities (if applicable)
- Evidence of biblical pastoral qualifications (Titus 1:6-9; 1 Tim. 3:1-13)
- A sense of God’s call and a history of spiritual success in serving in this specific ministry area
- Given to love, patience and sound doctrine for the building up of God’s Church
(Ephesians 4: 13-16)
- Proficient in music, worship, leading, communication, administration, people Skills and teaching musical coordination
- Competent in organization, time management, computer skills such as Propresentor
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations, as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to identify, develop and equip lay worship leaders
- 1099 Independent Contractor at $168.00 a week, up to 8 hours a week of services- with additional hours, upon approval by Lead Pastor, at $21.00 an hour. Please reply to email@example.com with your resume. Include a digital link to a sample of
you leading worship in a recent worship venue.