Christian Fellowship Church in Scotland, CT is looking for a servant leader to be a Senior Pastor. This individual would work alongside our current pastor of over thirty years until he retires. At that time he would move into the Senior Pastor role. We are eager to welcome this person into church family, to support and follow their leadership and to worship and minister together for the advancement of the Kingdom of God.
Approximate Salary $52,000 - $60,000 per year
The following summary is not comprehensive, but it is designed to give you a taste of what this position entails.
Preaching and Teaching: The Senior Pastor will be a skilled preacher and teacher of the Word of God. These gifts would be used on a weekly basis.
Shepherding the congregation: The Senior Pastor would join our current Pastor to share the shepherding responsibilities of pastoral care, counseling, weddings and funerals. He will also work with the elder and deacon teams to nurture and provide spiritual care to our church family.
Ministry involvement and expansion: The Senior Pastor will work with our current pastor to actively evaluate all ministries and look for ways to improve and expand them, this would include assessing how a small group ministry would support spiritual growth and evangelistic outreach.
ESSENTIAL HABITS OF THE HEART:
- Passion to develop fully committed Disciples of Christ and reach the unchurched
- Commitment to live out the Great Commission
- A passion to teach God’s Word at an understandable level with high levels of real life application
- A deep desire to see new believers get connected with the church and take the next steps in their spiritual journey
- Commitment to the inspiration, authority and sufficiency of the Word of God
- Personal holiness and integrity
- Personal & spiritual hospitality
- Effective communicator
- Initiator of relationships
- High energy level, energizer to others
- Team player and builder with solid organizational skills
- High competency and low ego
- Lifelong learner
- Builds trust through confidentiality
- A leader by example, both in ministry and physical labor with our church family
- Explain his calling in a pastor role
- Bible college degree
- 5 years experience in ministry
- Demonstrated work ethic and excellence in previous work/volunteer environments
- Skilled at mobilizing members and executing strategy
- Gifted communicator in oral, written and digital contexts
- Ability to interact with diverse people groups
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think through critical issues and develop a plan of action (problem solving)
- Ability to assess priorities (time management)
Instructions for Applicant:
Please send the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover letter introducing yourself
2. Resume, including personal testimony of faith, doctrinal statement, position(s) and references
3. A recorded sample sermon
4. Philosophy of Ministry Statement, including comments to the following 6 questions:
- How do you mobilize people for ministry? (Give a specific example)
- What is your single biggest passion and why is it important to you?
- What is your general philosophy of ministry and leadership?
- Do you have any experience in organizing/facilitating small group ministries?
- What was the hardest thing you ever handled and what did you learn from it?
- Personal Goals / Directions / Desires Statement
- Email Questionnaire to email@example.com
1. Is your theology best described as
a) Covenant b) Charismatic c) Dispensational d) Other
2. Concerning the origin of the earth are you:
a) Young earth Creationist b) Old age Creationist c) Evolutionist d) Theistic evolutionist e) Other
3. Give a brief statement about translations of the Bible:
Which do you prefer:
4. Give a brief statement about the following:
- Divorce and remarriage
- Women’s role in ministry
- Loss of salvation
- Use of alcohol
- Christian music
- Place of missions in the church
- View of Communion
- Baptism (Water)
- Spiritual Gifts
- Baptism (Spirit)
- Lordship salvation
- Church discipline
- Church government
5. Do you tend to preach sermons that are:
a) Expository b) Topical c) Narrative d) Other:
6. Are you comfortable doing pastoral counseling?
7. What training and experience do you have in doing counseling?
8. Name a half dozen current or past motivationally known Christian leaders/pastors you admire:
9. What is the greatest danger to the church today?
10. How many hours a week would you expect to work?
11. What is your position on a divorced man serving as a pastor?
12. What is your position on a pastor who has experienced moral failure in the past being a pastor in the present?
13. How do you know that you are called to be a pastor?
14. Do you deal with sexual temptation (lust, pornography?)
If so, how do you deal with it?
15. How have you dealt with sin in your life?
16. How do you see yourself working with a Senior pastor who has been in the position for 36 years? How would you handle differences in opinion and in theology?
17. How comfortable are you working with other churches that are evangelical, but holding to different theological positions?
18. In all honesty, what are your ministerial weaknesses?
19. What are your strengths?
20. What gives you joy and what stresses you?
21. How do you provide spiritual leadership in your family?
22. How do your wife and family feel about you applying for this position?
23. On a scale of one to ten (ten being best) how would you rate yourself in the following...
Note: Humility and honesty trump perceived perfection.
Submission and authority
24. What are your expectations in terms of pay, housing, etc?
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- September 26
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Ecclesia - Campus PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Houston, Texas
- September 26
Senior Pastor Lead ElderFaith Community Church
- Debary, Florida
- September 25
Community Church of East Williston - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- East Williston, New York
- September 23
Christian Fellowship Church
Whether you have been around church your entire life or this is your first time looking, Christian Fellowship Church has something for you. Our hope is that you will take the next step into the CFC community. Visit us this weekend and experience CFC for yourself.More...