Pomerado Christian Church is located in Poway, North San Diego County's award-winning "City in the Country", and is a non-denominational independent Bible-teaching church. Our mission is to bring people into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
to gather them in worshipping God, to involve them in membership with His family, to mature them in their faith, and to help them serve God faithfully in their family, church and world. We are currently searching for our next Worship Director to lead our 200+
congregation in authentic, exciting, and engaging worship through contemporary music, arts and word. The Worship Director will be expected to accomplish this by developing, implementing and supervising a comprehensive approach to the Worship Ministry at our
church through a part-time, 20hr/week position. The weekly operations and administration include 6 hours of office time, an additional midweek staff meeting, planned rehearsal for the worship team members, as well as the usual Sunday services (9am and 10:30am
- Must have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior
- Expected to maintain the highest standards of personal morality and integrity
- Be an active member of Pomerado Christian Church as evidenced by leadership, attendance, speech, conduct and giving.
- Possess strong musical ability to lead both vocally and instrumentally, as proven through experience and/or education.
- Cultivate and develop the worship team members (musicians, vocalists, tech and sound support) as well as continue to recruit and train.
- Coordinate, plan and oversee all details involved in creating an excellent worship environment for Sunday services, programs and specials events including integrating youth and children as appropriate.
- Oversee and utilize worship center equipment (i.e. sound board, lights, etc.)
- Manage ministry budget, financial records and copyrighted documents
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Be self-motivated, comfortable working with a diverse set of volunteers, and able to manage time as well as delegate appropriately
- Have an attitude of personal excellence in your skill/gifts as well as a continual seeking for professional/spiritual growth