Potential Church has an immediate opening for a full-time Comptroller. The comptroller is responsible for directing, managing, supervising, planning and coordinating all activities and operations of the Finance Office. This position is responsible for maintaining
accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and provides the highly responsible and technical staff assistance to the Executive Business Administrator/Pastor.Direct Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this position.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and oversees the work of assigned staff in the operations of the Finance Office and considers best utilization of staffing related general accounting, cash management, and internal controls.
- Manages accounts payable, accounts receivable, contributions, and general accounting functions, establishes internal control policies and procedures to ensure that accounting standards are met.
- Directs the management and preparation of financial records, including financial statements and related audits, in conformity with generally accepting accounting principles (GAAP) in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Participates in developing and updating long range financial forecasts and trend analysis for use in financial planning and management of cash requirements and obligations.
- Assists in the preparation process of the annual budget and monitors revenues and expenditures on a regular basis.
- Oversees and reviews monthly financial reports and related documents.
- Ensures that proper policies and procedures are developed and implemented as appropriate.
- Advises and supports the Executive Business Administrator/Pastor in functions related to financial management.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized four year college or university with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or closely related field, and 5 years recent work. CPA is a plus.
- This position is full-time and onsite at our campus in Cooper City, FL.
- Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.