Do you possess an unquenchable love for Jesus?
Do you love, love, love children?
Are you a leader of leaders?
Is your heart passionate about sharing Jesus with others and engaging children to become fully devoted and committed to Jesus?
Do you believe the local church is God’s “plan A” for reaching the world?
Does the Great Commission make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up? Does it make you want to say with Isaiah: “Here am I. Send me!”
Do you envision a Christ- and gospel-centered Children’s Ministry that enthusiastically engages children?
Do you believe the Bible to be God’s inspired, inerrant Word?
Do you fully agree that Christian parents are the primary disciplers of their children and the church plays a supporting role?
Are you eager to equip and empower a large cross-generational base of volunteers (teens through older adults)? We currently have 400+ volunteers annually.
Do you believe that apart from Jesus you can do nothing? Are you drastically reliant on the Holy Spirit to empower you to do the ministry God has called you to do? Is dependent prayer a way of life for you?
Do you want to work in a ministry context where team is not just a buzz word but a living breathing reality?
Do summer camps for unbelievers and believers within the community and our regional urban partners excite you?
Would you like to see missionaries come out of the ministry God has given you or perhaps the next Billy Graham or perhaps powerful business people and parents who love Jesus Christ supremely?
Do you dream of giving your days on earth to something that will outlive you?
If you answered a whole-hearted yes to all of the above questions, then we would like to explore a possible ministry relationship with you!
Church of the Saviour’s Children’s Ministry seeks to develop and foster a welcoming and safe community for children to connect to God and with one another through ministry opportunities of Christian education and intentional faith development. The ministry also seeks to develop teens and adults of all ages in leadership and discipleship responsibilities.
- Develop, implement, and vibrantly communicate strategic initiatives and goals that are engaging, gospel- and Christ- centered
- Recruit, train and develop a cross-generational base of volunteers
- Shepherd and care for children and their families, as well as volunteers
- Be a champion of Children’s Ministry resulting in the recruitment of volunteers and the financial support of the camp scholarship fund
- Supervise a staff team of 4, plus summer interns
- Gifted and called to Children’s Ministry with demonstrated leadership experience in empowering staff and volunteers within the communicated vision
- Agreement with Church of the Saviour’s Statement of Faith
- Agreement with Church of the Saviour’s mission, central focus, values, and culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent with formal Biblical training – a graduate degree from a strongly evangelical seminary would be ideal
- Self-motivated leader capable of developing, casting and imparting vision
- Passion for evangelism
- Abundant love, grace and passion for children, families and volunteers to grow deep in their faith
- Believes in the transforming power of prayer and work of the Holy Spirit
- Experienced in leading age-appropriate and Biblically based summer camps
- Team player
- Demonstrated ability to recruit volunteers according to their giftedness
Please visit our website for more details regarding this position and our church – www.cosnet.org/employment.
Submit cover letter and resume to Patty Heron at email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryNewsong Los Angeles Covenant Church
- Culver City, California
- December 7
Children's MinisterChrist Pacific Church
- Huntington Beach, California
- December 7
Children's PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- December 6
Children's PastorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- December 6
Children's Ministry Director/PastorLiberty Baptist Church
- Spring Lake, North Carolina
- December 6