First Baptist Ukiah (FBU) Worship Leader
Are you excited about being part of team that wants to lead people to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through applicable Bible teaching, outrageous outreach, dynamic events and culturally relevant music? FBU is searching for the perfect piece to add to our energetic leadership team.
Do you enjoy creating a worship service using a variety of elements to enhance the experience of people peeking into a church for the first time or the first time in along time?
Are you energized by sincere spiritual responses of firmly planted followers of Jesus?
Do you find it compelling to show how irresistible Jesus is - by starting with the 20,000 residents of the Ukiah Valley who do not know him?
If you are passionate about opening a pathway for God to begin to speak into the hearts of people, please reply to this posting. We want to get to know you!
FBU is a growing Christ-centered church that seeks to share the Good News of Jesus Christ in a relevant way with the people in the Ukiah Valley. We are currently running 200-250 on Sundays. Our vision includes maintaining a God-centered atmosphere where the hurt and lost can find healing, love, hope, encouragement, and forgiveness. The church also aims to disciple believers and equip them for ministry through developing their spiritual gifts and areas of passion. FBU is searching for a Worship Pastor to serve on the team to carry out this vision.
FBU is located in Ukiah, California approximately 2 hours north of San Francisco in the heart of Mendocino County. This area is full of incredibly beautiful, rolling vineyards, and is at the beginning of Northern California’s redwoods. The Ukiah Valley has no shortage of activities with the Pacific Ocean just 60 minutes west, San Francisco 2 hours to the south, and Lake Tahoe a few hours east. With the incredible California weather, Ukiah is perfect for biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking, golfing, and more, which makes it a great place to raise a family.
To find out more about us please visit www.firstbaptistukiah.org
Worship Leader’s Spiritual Qualifications
- Must have a personal relationship with Christ and be a committed follower of Jesus.
- Must regard the Bible as the authoritative guide for life and faith.
- Must practice spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible study, worship, and giving.
Worship Leader’s Job Skills & Requirements
- Able to cast and implement vision that supports the Mission, Vision and Values of FBU
- Excellent verbal, written, musical and leadership skills
- Teachable spirit and the ability to work with others and prevent/resolve conflict
- Organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers
Worship Leader’s Responsibilities
- Lead a Creative Team for weekly planning and production of weekend services.
- Develop and lead a worship ministry team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists
- Program and distribute set lists, charts, loop/tracks, arrangements and original recordings to musicians using PlanningCenterOnline.com or equivalent
- Prepare schedule of musicians for weekend services and special events
- Recruit, audition and evaluate potential new band members and singers
- Develop, train, encourage, and mentor musicians for all ministries (student, youth and Celebrate Recovery)
- Lead band and vocal rehearsals
- Lead worship at weekend services and special events
- Become a “producer” of the entire Sunday Morning Worship Celebration – making sure all elements work together. (Elements include stage design, video presentations such as song slides, pre-service graphics, announcement slides, etc.). Oversee and work with the tech supervisor to:
- Schedule and train volunteers for the tech team; including sound, recording, video, and lighting volunteers
- Prepare video presentation of song lyrics, video clips, pre-service graphics, and announcement slides using Pro-Presenter or equivalent.
- Ensure adequate Audio/Visual tech is provided for special events such as weddings, funerals, conferences, simulcasts, etc.
- Ensure setup & tear-down of required audio, video & stage lighting gear
- Evaluate, purchase, maintain, troubleshoot and oversee repair of sound, video and stage lighting gear for all areas
- Develop community connections with the musical culture in Ukiah. Whether that is playing in bands outside FBU or simply being in vital relationships with musicians in the community – we simply want to be relevant and culturally aware of the musical culture in which we live.
Please submit audio and/or video link along with your cover letter and resume to FBUWorship@gmail.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship PastorVentura Missionary Church
- Ventura, California
- October 26
Worship CoordinatorWaushara Community Church
- Wautoma, Wisconsin
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25