Advertisement for Evangel Baptist Church, Wheaton, Illinois
Evangel Baptist Church is strategically located in Wheaton, Illinois, 25 miles west of Chicago. Wheaton is a city of 53,000 located in the heart of DuPage County. The western half of the county, in which Evangel is located, represents an area of increasing
economic, ethnic and religious diversity. Wheaton is known as the home of Wheaton College and several private schools, as well as highly-rated public schools. There is a large community college in a nearby town. Evangel’s location is in something of an “evangelical
desert” in its immediate vicinity and stretching west, where most of the churches are mainline, Catholic or Orthodox.
Evangel has no mortgage, good reserves, and a building and grounds in excellent condition. Evangel’s Sunday attendance is currently about 50. It is our desire that the church should grow through a vibrant Gospel presence in the Wheaton/Winfield area.
We are seeking to call a man of vision and we stand ready, with God’s blessing, to help make that happen.
(A comprehensive Profile of Evangel, which expands on the statement above, along with links to additional documents and an overview of Evangel’s succession planning will be found at www.evbapt.org/about/succession-planning).
We are looking for an experienced Senior Pastor who is a compassionate servant leader, with a vision for, and experience of, reaching people far from God in an affluent suburban Midwest setting. He will be a missionally minded strategic leader with strong
communication skills and the ability to motivate others to chase God and have kingdom impact.
- Leadership and Vision
- A strategic, motivational, and operational leader
- A persuasive coach and team builder
- A missional mindset, a lifestyle of relational evangelism, and experience motivating and equipping others to effective community outreach.
- Able to lead in a way that earns the trust and support of the congregation, and builds consensus to navigate change.
- An energetic, proactive, self-starter who can create momentum
- One who organizes, energizes, and empowers board, volunteer staff, and ministry leaders to implement our shared vision.\
- Proven ability to overcome challenges to achieve goals
- Preach and Teach
- Preaching for life transformation by applying the truth of God's Word to people's felt needs and spiritual needs in culturally relevant language
- The style should be informal, inspirational, positive, and encouraging, with both practical application and personal challenge.
- Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and His church
- Model a heart committed to reaching the far from God and making disciples in accordance with the great commission
a. Model attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles and demonstrate consistent spiritual growth
1. Personal Qualities
- The Senior Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A strong grace orientation and proven character of integrity, discernment, humility, compassion, authenticity, and accountability
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
2. Professional Qualities
- Minimum of 5 years Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, or Youth Pastor experience, preferably but not limited to an urban/ suburban ethnically diverse church
- Master's degree from an accredited seminary
- Must agree with, and be energized by, our Mission, Vision, Statement of Faith, and be willing to affiliate with Converge MidAmerican and Worldwide.
Applicants should send their resume via email to Katie@convergemidamerica.org with the words EVANGEL SEARCH in the subject line. Applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH CHURCHSTAFFING.COM WEBSITE