Church: Central Christian Church in Janesville, WI
Position Title: Associate Pastor - Janesville Campus
Reports to: Campus Pastor
Church Website: www.centraljanesville.com
***While our church runs almost 2000 in attendance, this position is specifically for our Janesville campus, which runs around 250.
Central Christian Church in Janesville, WI is looking for a full-time Associate Pastor to partner with our Campus Pastor. Together, they will share responsibilities for leading an all-inclusive and dynamic church dedicated to serving our community and helping people find their way to God. We are a relatively young satellite campus, which gives us some of the energy and excitement of a new church. At the same time, the leadership and support of our main campus in Beloit provides the grounding and stability of an established church.
Located in a great community with top notch schools and close proximity to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Janesville is a perfect place to put down roots and invest in some amazing people. Our fantastic leadership team and huge volunteer base make this a great place to lead. While we take our calling and purpose seriously, we sure don’t take ourselves that way. Central in Janesville is as fun a place as you’ll find to go to church, and that’s how we like it.
To facilitate growth and foster community, we’re creating a new position for a pastor who is energized by relational leadership but isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. The Associate Pastor will be proficient in leading multiple teams and will work with the Campus Pastor in dividing leadership responsibilities based on gifting, passion, and time availability.
We encourage our pastors to live balanced lives while investing themselves fully in their calling. In our church culture, pastors are given ample freedom to work and lead as they see fit, which is why we’re looking for a high-capacity, self-motivated leader. If that describes you, we’d love to hear from you.
(In partnership with the Campus Pastor, the Associate Pastor will provide leadership to some of the following areas)
- Small Groups
- First Impressions (Guest Relations)
- Prayer Ministry
- Pastoral Care
- Outreach Events
- Church Family Events
- Preaching (while not a requirement of the position, a candidate with exemplary preaching skills will be given that chance regularly.)
Associate Pastor Responsibilities:
- Children’s Ministry (point leadership only, not hands-on)
- Family Ministry
- Volunteer and Leader Development
- Education: A bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience is required. A Bible College or Seminary degree is preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years on staff at a church. Leadership experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated capacity to recruit, train, and lead multiple teams of volunteers.
- Proven organizational skills to keep multiple projects and teams running simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal communication (both verbal and on social media).
- Proficient with technology.
- Comfortable with public speaking as it relates to leading large groups of people.
Desired Personal Attributes
- Faithful. Personally living the abundant life of Jesus and inviting others into that same life.
- Virtuous. Modeling a healthy (but not perfect) personal life of character and obedience.
- Fun and Inviting. Somebody who is a people magnet, smiles a lot, and makes other people feel good about themselves.
- Self-Motivated. Conceive a project, build a team, make a plan, work it out, and celebrate either success or failure, and do it all without having to be told what to do.
- Humble. Willing to do whatever needs to be done and able to receive direction without defensiveness.
- Bold. Ready to speak their mind or stand up for what’s right in a constructive and God-honoring way.
- Grace-Filled. Evidencing a life marked by grace toward everyone, especially those who are poor, marginalized, living in sin, or far from God.
***Compensation package includes health insurance, dental insurance, and a competitive salary.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Associate PastorEaton First Church of God
- Eaton, Ohio
- January 16
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Associate Pastor: Next Gen & WorshipCommunity Church of Hudson
- Hudson, Iowa
- January 16
Central Christian Church
We call ourselves a “satellite campus” of our home church, Central Christian Church in Beloit. Our main campus has been a vibrant, thriving church for decades, under the leadership of David Clark. Our heart to be all inclusive, meet the needs of our community, and reach people who are far from God has been the driving force behind everything we do, and we have continued that tradition at our location in Janesville. More...