The Senior Pastor will provide vision, spiritual direction, educational, and Pastoral leadership to the membership of The Way Church. This will be carried out primarily through the expository preaching of the Word of God, leading and mentoring our staff, and overseeing the various ministries so the body of Christ is built up and equipped to serve.
Responsibility and Authority
By the guidance of the Holy Spirit and understanding of submission to the authority of Scripture he will:
- In unity with the Elders, develop and communicate clear vision for the future of The Way Church
- Preach the Word of God effectively, “shepherding the flock of God among him” (1 Peter 5:2), pointing unbelievers to Christ as Savior, and "protecting the sheep" from false teaching that may arise from within and from without (2 peter 2:1-3, Acts 20:28-30.)
- Serve within the Elder board in overseeing the ministries of the church, so all things are “done decently and in order” (1 Cor 14:40) while maintaining our Church's Wildly Important Goals (WIGs)
- Lead, encourage, and disciple the staff, ministry leaders, and Elders in serving Christ and His Church with passion and integrity
- Lead and influence the work of the other pastors and church staff so the team functions in a healthy way, communicating and cooperating together to advance the mission of the church
- Ensure the spiritual needs of the congregation are met in cooperation with other staff and volunteer leaders
- Adhere to the doctrinal statement within The Way Church Bylaws (http://www.waychurchdenver.org/faith-statement/)
- Fulfill all other Senior Pastor responsibilities as outlined in The Way Church Bylaws
- Remain accountable to and in relationship with the Elder Council
Essential Character, Education, Experience and Skills
By the Grace of God and empowering of the Spirit the Senior Pastor will:
1. Demonstrate a vital and growing personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ
2. Exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit
3. Live a mature and exemplary life based on clear biblical principles
4. Exemplify the scriptural qualifications of an elder, especially those found in 1 Tim 3:1-7 and
5. Possess a character of integrity that is above reproach (1 Tim 3:2)
He will possess a Master’s Degree from an accredited seminary school consistent with evangelical theology. However, ministry experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
He will have a demonstrated call to Gospel ministry with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a proven Senior Pastor or Associate Pastor role within a multi-staff church of at least 50 members with key participation in vision development, counseling, ministry implementation, and preaching.
1. Preach the Word of God in a compelling way, demonstrating historical knowledge and theological understanding, while deeply challenging and offering practical application to the congregants for their daily walk and personal relationship with God
2. Demonstrate a genuine love for God’s people
3. Strong communicator in speech and in writing
4. Lead persuasively, build teams, and coach effectively to produce mature Disciples of Christ
5. Zealous passion for evangelism and for missions
6. Display a heart for the lost, showing ability to be relational and interact with all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or where they are in their personal walk with Christ
Working Relationships and Accountability
Senior Pastor Candidates of The Way Church will be interviewed by the Pastoral Search Team, approved and recommended to the Elders, recommended to the church by the Elders, then elected and called by the congregation with a 75% positive vote.
He will lead the church under the headship and authority of Christ and the Holy Word of God, working with the Elders on budget, policies, and overall direction of the church, while lovingly leading the other pastors and staff in a collegial spirit.
The Way Church is utilizing the Converge P3 process to evaluate pastoral candidates.
If you have not filled out a P3 profile you can do so at this link. http://www.convergep3.com/Candidate.php
There is a $175 fee to cover testing instruments. There is no profit made. This fee is tax deductible as a job search cost. Once a profile is completed, candidates will be eligible to be matched with every Converge church across the country utilizing the P3 process.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Community Church of East Williston - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- East Williston, New York
- September 23
EvFree Fullerton - Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Fullerton, California
- September 23
Senior PastorGrace Chapel
- Ballston Lake, New York
- September 22
BridgePoint Bible Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Houston, Texas
- September 22
Bethel Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Richland, Washington
- September 22
The Way Church
Creating committed followers of Jesus who exhibit the power of God for spiritual transformation to our community.
We are focused on Jesus, not "religion".
We're big on building faith-empowered relationships, not just programs.
We know that a life worth living is a life defined by depth and passion rather than superficiality.
We gather in community to hear Bible preaching, enjoin the power of prayer, and experience passionate worship of the one true God with fire in our hearts.More...